Riverside Parkway: Loudoun County Parkway to Lexington Drive
- This project funds the design and construction of a new four-lane, divided road segment of Riverside Parkway from Silvery Blue Terrace to Loudoun County Parkway at George Washington Boulevard, the removal of Lexington Drive on both sides of Route 7, a new Loudoun Water main, and the replacement of the existing temporary traffic signal at Loudoun County Parkway and George Washington Boulevard with a permanent signal.
- In conjunction with the planned Battlefield Parkway Interchange project, traffic flow will improve by enabling Route 7 to operate as a freeway west of Countryside Boulevard in Loudoun County.
- Planning for the completion of this missing segment of Riverside Parkway began in June of 2013.
- The project is estimated to be completed by the fall of 2021.
Current Status: September 2020
- Construction activities for the entire length of the new roadway from Pearl Crescent to Loudoun County Pkwy are now underway. Work currently includes curb and gutter, aggregate stone base, paving, utilities and a traffic signal. Motorists may experience minor delays in this area on weekdays from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The temporary detour on Smith Circle west will continue to be used by all traffic until October 2020. A new temporary detour will be built on Smith Circle east in late September or early October. Once opened, drivers are encouraged to proceed with caution.
- By early October 2020, traffic will be rerouted onto a short section of newly constructed Riverside Parkway, starting at Pearl Crescent Square and ending at Smith Circle West. Message boards and orange barrels will be in place for safety and to direct traffic. View the Riverside Parkway temporary traffic plan for details.
- Lexington Drive from Silvery Blue Terrace to Blue Mount Nursery will be permanently closed and removed. Motorists are advised to use the newly constructed Garden Center Court to access Blue Mount Nursery at the intersection of the Smith Circle West and Riverside Parkway. View the Riverside Parkway temporary traffic plan for details.
- The intersection of Silvery Blue Terrace and Lexington Drive will remain closed while a new entrance to Silvery Blue Terrace is constructed to align with the new roadway. A detour, from Silvery Blue Terrace to Fiery Skipper Terrace to Pearl Crescent Square, will allow access to Lexington Drive until the reconstructed entrance at Silvery Blue Terrace is safe for vehicular traffic. View the detour plan for details.
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for this Riverside Parkway segment project.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- Riverside Parkway Information Meeting Display_September 2019 (PDF)
- Quarterly Report on Capital Improvement Projects (PDF)
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.