Philomont Fire and Rescue Station
This project will construct a new 18,500-square-foot fire and rescue facility on Snickersville Turnpike in the Village of Philomont to replace the existing Philomont Volunteer Fire and Rescue Company #8 Station.
- The facility is anticipated to include apparatus bays, bunkroom facilities, a training/break room, restrooms, showers, food preparation and dining areas, laundry and decontamination areas, supply storage and a gear and hose drying area. It will also include a breathing apparatus air compressor room, a fitness room, offices and a repair shop.
- The project is estimated for completion in 2026.
Current Status: September 2021
- Loudoun County held a public information meeting on September 9, 2021. County staff discussed the feasibility study that evaluated utilizing the current site of the existing fire station for a new or updated 18,500-square-foot fire and rescue facility.
Public Information Meeting Was Held on September 9, 2021
Loudoun County hosted a public information meeting to gain input from the public on the Philomont Fire and Rescue Station on Thursday, September 9, 2021 at Woodgrove High School. At the meeting, county staff discussed the feasibility study that evaluated utilizing the current site of the existing fire station for a new or updated 18,500- square-foot fire and rescue facility.
Feasibility Study - Scope
The study reviewed three possibilities for the future of the facility at its current location: (1) Renovation/addition to the existing fire station on the existing site; (2) Demolition of the existing station and replacement with a new station on the existing site; and (3) Consolidation with an adjoining county-owned parcel and demolition and replacement of the existing station with a new station on the consolidated site.
The feasibility study on the Philomont Fire Station:
- Outlines the current needs for fire and rescue facilities, including staffing, spacing and layout of station, and existing facility deficiencies.
- Evaluates utilizing the current site of the existing fire and rescue station for a new or updated 18,500-square-foot fire and rescue facility.
- Reviews the site constraints, including maintaining community services, such as community center parking and recycling center, parcel size (2.28 acres versus 5 acres preferred), and the need for a temporary facility during construction.
The comment period has ended. You can contact the project team by email or mail.
- Email us your comments
- Mail your comments to:
Attn: Philomont Fire and Rescue Station Project Team
Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure
101 Blue Seal Drive, Suite 102
Leesburg, VA 2017
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for the Philomont Fire and Rescue Station Replacement.
- Sign Up to receive email and text updates about projects and studies on Notify Me, Blogs category
- Philomont Fire and Rescue Station Overview Fact Sheet
- Philomont Fire and Rescue Station September 2020 Public Meeting Presentation
- Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee Report: November 2020 Bond Referendum
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- Contact the Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure at 703-737-8624 or email the department.
Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.