Philomont Fire and Rescue Station
This project will construct a new 18,500-square-foot fire and rescue facility on Snickersville Turnpike in the Village of Philomont to replace the existing Philomont Volunteer Fire and Rescue Company #8 Station.
- The facility is anticipated to include apparatus bays, bunkroom facilities, a training/break room, restrooms, showers, food preparation and dining areas, laundry and decontamination areas, supply storage and a gear and hose drying area. It will also include a breathing apparatus air compressor room, a fitness room, offices and a repair shop.
- The project is estimated for completion in 2026.
Current Status: December 2021
- Loudoun County is beginning the process to procure a design firm contractor for this project. The design phase is currently set to begin in 2022.
- A public information meeting was held in September 2021 to discuss a feasibility study that evaluated utilizing the current site of the existing fire station for a new or updated 18,500-square-foot fire and rescue facility. The presentation and recording are available for download in Resources below.
A Feasibility study reviewed three possibilities for the future of the facility at its current location: (1) Renovation/addition to the existing fire station on the existing site; (2) Demolition of the existing station and replacement with a new station on the existing site; and (3) Consolidation with an adjoining county-owned parcel and demolition and replacement of the existing station with a new station on the consolidated site.
The feasibility study on the Philomont Fire Station:
- Outlines the current needs for fire and rescue facilities, including staffing, spacing and layout of station, and existing facility deficiencies.
- Evaluates utilizing the current site of the existing fire and rescue station for a new or updated 18,500-square-foot fire and rescue facility.
- Reviews the site constraints, including maintaining community services, such as community center parking and recycling center, parcel size (2.28 acres versus 5 acres preferred), and the need for a temporary facility during construction.
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for the Philomont Fire and Rescue Station Replacement.
- Sign Up to receive email and text updates about projects and studies on Notify Me, Blogs category
- 9-8-21_Philomont Fire and Rescue Public Information Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- 9-8-21_Philomont Fire and Rescue Public Information Meeting Recording (MP4)
- Philomont Fire and Rescue Station Overview Fact Sheet
- Philomont Fire and Rescue Station September 2020 Public Meeting Presentation
- Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee Report: November 2020 Bond Referendum
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- Contact the Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure at 703-737-8624 or email the department.
Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.