Loudoun County Landfill
$7 minimum per vehicle; see below for fee schedule.
- FastTrash Program
- Free Mulch Depot
- Loudoun County Businesses
- Loudoun County Residents
- No Tractor Trailer Loads
- Only Waste from Loudoun County Accepted
- Recycling Drop-off Center
- Waste Disposal
Food Waste Composting Drop-Off Center Opens at Landfill
In November 2023, Loudoun County began accepting food waste at the Food Waste Composting Drop-Off Center at the landfill. This is a one-year pilot program intended for residents who are interested in composting their household food scraps such as fruits and vegetables, meats, dairy products, pasta, eggshells and coffee grounds. Quantities accepted are limited to one 5-gallon container or an equivalent amount, per customer, per week.
Landfill Temporarily Stops Accepting Tires
The Loudoun County Solid Waste Management Facility will temporarily stop accepting waste tires at the county landfill effective Tuesday, September 26, 2023. The landfill must temporarily suspend accepting all types of tires because the facility has reached its permitted limit for scrap tires. The temporary stoppage is expected to last two to three weeks. Updates will be posted here.
New Waste Disposal Fee Effective July 1, 2023
Effective July 1, 2023, the waste disposal fee at the landfill is $71 per ton. See a complete list of fees below.
Waste Oil and Antifreeze Recycling Update-
The oil and antifreeze collection station at the landfill recycling center is able to accept a total of 5 gallons of waste motor oil and 5 gallons of antifreeze per customer per week. Items accepted for “oil recycling” include waste motor oil, engine oil, hydraulic fluid, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, diesel fuel, kerosene, heating oil, and lamp oil. No gasoline, no cooking oil, no mineral oil, and no refrigerant oil. Items accepted for “antifreeze recycling” include engine coolant/antifreeze only.
Commercial customers seeking disposal options for larger quantities may contact the County’s Division of Waste Management for information on commercial service providers.
Commercial Construction/Demolition Waste
Effective February 1, 2023, all commercial haulers, contractors, businesses, or institutions delivering Commercial Construction/Demolition waste (CDD) will be required to provide written documentation of waste origin upon arrival to confirm that loads are coming from sources located within Loudoun County. Acceptable documentation includes, but is not limited to, property owner/customer affidavit, construction permits, notice of award, work order, or signed quotes.
For additional information, please review the CDD Documentation Memo (PDF)or call our office at 703-771-5500.
View a larger image of the photo above of the Loudoun County landfill (PDF).
|Holiday||Date Observed (Facility Closed)|
|Christmas Day 2023||Monday, December 25, 2023|
|New Year's Day 2024||Monday, January 1, 2024|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 27, 2024|
|Independence Day||Thursday, July 4, 2024|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 2, 2024|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 28, 2024|
|Christmas Day||Wednesday, December 25, 2024|
|New Year's Day 2025||Wednesday, January 1, 2025|
Accepted MaterialsFor more information on what is accepted, visit: Accepted & Unaccepted Wastes (PDF)
- Only material generated in Loudoun County is accepted.
- All commercial customers bringing CDD waste will be required to provide written documentation of waste origin upon arrival to confirm that loads are coming from sources located within Loudoun County.
- Vegetative/ yard waste is accepted in paper bags, but not accepted in plastic bags.
- Tractor trailer loads are not accepted.
- Land clearing debris is not accepted.
- Commercial Inert Waste (Dirt, Mud, Rock, Sand, Sediment or Soil) is not accepted.
- Sandblast Material, Sludge (including Grit/Screenings) and Spent Residential Peat Filter Media disposal must be pre-approved.
- Sludge and Grit & Screenings Disposal Request Form (PDF)
- Spent Residential Peat Filter Media Disposal Request Form (PDF)
- Contact the office for information on sandblast material disposal.
- Loudoun County Landfill Recycling Drop-off Center
- Cash and credit/debit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) accepted.
- Landfill Credit Account Application (PDF)
| Waste Disposal||$71 per ton|
Minimum per Vehicle: $7
|FastTrash Program: Monday-Saturday 8am-4pm|
FastTrash Booth(right lane): Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday 8am-4pm
|Per Vehicle (flat rate): $7|
|Surcharge Items||Fee per Item (Additional to Weight Charge)|
|Refrigerant Containing Appliance||$28|
|Tank (Pressurized, 20 lbs or under.)||$3|
|Car Tire - Note: The landfill is currently not accepting tires.||$3|
|Truck Tire - Note: The landfill is currently not accepting tires.||$5|
|Small Tractor Tire - Note: The landfill is currently not accepting tires||$28|
|Large Tractor Tire - Note: The landfill is currently not accepting tires||$39|
|Tire on Rim - Note: The landfill is currently not accepting tires||$29|
Free Compost and Mulch Depot
- Free compost and mulch are available to Loudoun County residents and local businesses and organizations on a first-come, first served basis while supplies last.
- The compost and mulch depot is located on the right hand side of the facility entrance road.
- Customers load their own compost and mulch and need to bring tools such as pitchforks or shovels; powered equipment is not allowed.
The Loudoun County Solid Waste Management Facility is a popular site for scout groups, schools, and others. Visit us and learn how garbage is disposed in a landfill, watch 40-ton tractors smash trash, and get quizzed on recycling.
The Department of General Services, Waste Management Division offers group tours once a week Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., from March through November.
Arrange a Tour
Call 703-771-5514 to arrange a tour.
Browse our photo gallery.