Loudoun County Landfill
$7 minimum per vehicle; see below for fee schedule.
- FastTrash Program
- Free Mulch Depot
- Loudoun County Businesses
- Loudoun County Residents
- No Tractor Trailer Loads
- Only Waste from Loudoun County Accepted
- Recycling Drop-off Center
- Waste Disposal
New Waste Disposal Fee Effective July 1, 2023
Effective July 1, 2023, the waste disposal fee at the landfill is $71 per ton. See a complete list of fees below.
Waste Oil and Antifreeze Recycling Update -
The oil and antifreeze collection station at the landfill recycling center is able to accept a total of 5 gallons of waste motor oil and 5 gallons of antifreeze per customer per week. Items accepted for “oil recycling” include waste motor oil, engine oil, hydraulic fluid, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, diesel fuel, kerosene, heating oil, and lamp oil. No gasoline, no cooking oil, no mineral oil, and no refrigerant oil. Items accepted for “antifreeze recycling” include engine coolant/antifreeze only.
Commercial customers seeking disposal options for larger quantities may contact the County’s Division of Waste Management for information on commercial service providers.
Commercial Construction/Demolition Waste
Effective February 1, 2023, all commercial haulers, contractors, businesses, or institutions delivering Commercial Construction/Demolition waste (CDD) will be required to provide written documentation of waste origin upon arrival to confirm that loads are coming from sources located within Loudoun County. Acceptable documentation includes, but is not limited to, property owner/customer affidavit, construction permits, notice of award, work order, or signed quotes.
For additional information, please review the CDD Documentation Memo (PDF) or call our office at 703-771-5500.
View a larger image of the photo above of the Loudoun County landfill (PDF).
|New Year's Day 2023||Monday, January 2, 2023|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 29, 2023|
|Independence Day||Tuesday, July 4, 2023|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 4, 2023|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 23, 2023|
|Christmas Day||Monday, December 25, 2023|
|New Year's Day 2024||Monday, January 1, 2024|
Accepted MaterialsFor more information on what is accepted, visit: Accepted & Unaccepted Wastes (PDF)
- Only material generated in Loudoun County is accepted.
- All commercial customers bringing CDD waste will be required to provide written documentation of waste origin upon arrival to confirm that loads are coming from sources located within Loudoun County.
- Vegetative/ yard waste is accepted in paper bags, but not accepted in plastic bags.
- Tractor trailer loads are not accepted.
- Land clearing debris is not accepted.
- Commercial Inert Waste (Dirt, Mud, Rock, Sand, Sediment or Soil) is not accepted.
- Sandblast Material, Sludge (including Grit/Screenings) and Spent Residential Peat Filter Media disposal must be pre-approved.
- Sludge and Grit & Screenings Disposal Request Form (PDF)
- Spent Residential Peat Filter Media Disposal Request Form (PDF)
- Contact the office for information on sandblast material disposal.
- Loudoun County Landfill Recycling Drop-off Center
- Cash and credit/debit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) accepted.
- Landfill Credit Account Application (PDF)
| Waste Disposal||$71 per ton|
Minimum per Vehicle: $7
|FastTrash Program: Monday-Saturday 8am-4pm|
FastTrash Booth(right lane): Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday 8am-4pm
|Per Vehicle (flat rate): $7|
|Surcharge Items||Fee per Item (Additional to Weight Charge)|
|Refrigerant Containing Appliance||$28|
|Tank (Pressurized, 20 lbs or under.)||$3|
|Small Tractor Tire||$28|
|Large Tractor Tire||$39|
|Tire on Rim||$29|
Free Mulch Depot
- Free mulch is available to residents on a first-come, first served basis year-round.
- The mulch loading area is located in the Loudoun County Recycling Drop-off Center next to the pavilion that contain the used motor oil and antifreeze tanks.
- The mulch weighs 0.29 tons per cubic yard (580 pounds per cubic yard).
- Residents must load their own mulch and need to bring tools such as pitchforks.
- No motorized equipment is allowed.
The Loudoun County Solid Waste Management Facility is a popular site for scout groups, schools, and others. Visit us and learn how garbage is disposed in a landfill, watch 40-ton tractors smash trash, and get quizzed on recycling.
The Department of General Services, Waste Management Division offers group tours once a week Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., from March through November.
Arrange a Tour
Call 703-771-5514 to arrange a tour.
Browse our photo gallery.