Loudoun County Landfill
$7 minimum per vehicle; see below for fee schedule. (New fee schedule as of 10/18/2021.)
- FastTrash Program
- Free Mulch Depot
- Loudoun County Businesses
- Loudoun County Residents
- No Tractor Trailer Loads
- Only Waste from Loudoun County Accepted
- Recycling Drop-off Center
- Waste Disposal
January 2022: Customers planning to come to the Loudoun County landfill should expect delays, due to staffing limitations. The delays are anticipated to continue until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience the delays may cause.
Face Covering RequirementAll customers must follow face covering requirements.
Click on the facility photo above to see a larger image.
|Christmas Day||Saturday, December 25, 2021|
|New Year's Day 2022||Saturday, January 1, 2022|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 30, 2022|
|Independence Day||Monday, July 4, 2022|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 5, 2022|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 24, 2022|
|Christmas Day||Saturday, December 24, 2022|
|New Year's Day 2023||Monday, January 2, 2023|
Accepted MaterialsFor more information on what is accepted, visit: Accepted & Unaccepted Wastes (PDF)
- Only material generated in Loudoun County is accepted.
- Tractor trailer loads are not accepted.
- Land clearing debris is not accepted.
- Commercial Inert Waste (Asphalt, Block, Brick, Concrete, Dirt, Mud, Rock, Sand, Sediment or Soil) is not accepted.
- Sandblast Material, Sludge (including Grit/Screenings) and Spent Residential Peat Filter Media disposal must be pre-approved.
- Sludge and Grit & Screenings Disposal Request Form (PDF)
- Spent Residential Peat Filter Media Disposal Request Form (PDF)
- Contact the office for information on sandblast material disposal.
- Loudoun County Landfill Recycling Drop-off Center
- Please note: Effective Monday, October 18, 2021, user fees for the Loudoun County landfill are increasing by about 10%.
- See fees below.
- Read details about the fee increase in this news release.
- Cash and credit/debit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) accepted.
- Landfill Credit Account Application (PDF)
| Waste Disposal||$68 per ton|
Minimum per Vehicle: $7
| FastTrash||Per Vehicle (flat rate): $7|
|Surcharge Items||Fee per Item (Additional to Weight Charge)|
|Refrigerant Containing Appliance||$28|
|Tank (Pressurized, less than 20 lbs.)||$3|
|Small Tractor Tire||$28|
|Large Tractor Tire||$39|
|Tire on Rim||$29|
Free Mulch Depot
- Free mulch is available to residents on a first-come, first served basis year-round.
- The mulch loading area is located in the Loudoun County Recycling Drop-off Center next to the pavilion that contain the used motor oil and antifreeze tanks.
- The mulch weighs 0.29 tons per cubic yard (580 pounds per cubic yard).
- Residents must load their own mulch and need to bring tools such as pitchforks.
- No motorized equipment is allowed.
The Loudoun County Solid Waste Management Facility is a popular site for scout groups, schools, and others. Visit us and learn how garbage is disposed in a landfill, watch 40-ton tractors smash trash, and get quizzed on recycling.
The Department of General Services, Waste Management Division offers group tours once a week Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., from March through November.
Arrange a Tour
Call 703-771-5514 to arrange a tour.
Browse our photo gallery.