Does Loudoun County Animal Services respond to wildlife concerns?

Loudoun County Animal Services team of Animal Control Officers will respond to calls regarding injured or sick wildlife. Since wildlife are not legally allowed to reside at the LCAS animal shelter, the department works closely with Blue Ridge Wildlife Center when injured or sick wildlife are considered candidates for rehabilitation. Members of the LCAS Dispatch Team are also available to assist you in finding ways to prevent nuisance wildlife by phone, 703-777-0406, and email

Please visit the department’s Wildlife Services page for more information on our commitment to helping people and wildlife live together in Loudoun County.  Additionally, the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries is an excellent resource for wildlife concerns and information. 

Show All Answers

1. Is Loudoun County Animal Services a "No-Kill" organization?
2. How do I purchase a dog license?
3. I or my pet had contact with a potentially rabid animal. What do I do?
4. What do I do if I am bitten/my dog bites someone?
5. I found a stray pet in Loudoun County. What should I do?
6. I found a stray pet outside of Loudoun County. Can I bring it to LCAS?
7. When can I adopt a pet?
8. Is there a leash law in Loudoun County?
9. Can I make an anonymous report?
10. Does Loudoun County Animal Services respond to wildlife concerns?
11. Does Loudoun County Animal Services pick up dead animals?