I live in CountrySide. Is my water safe to consume and use?

Yes. Your water is safe to consume and use. Your water is a public water supply that is delivered to you by the Loudoun County Sanitation Authority. Its source is either the Goose Creek Reservoir or the Potomac River. This water is tested, filtered and treated prior to delivery to you. The water supply is regulated by the Virginia Department of Health and the United States Environmental Protection Agency. The water is tested for a variety of contaminants including trichloroethylene. The impacted water in Broad Run Farms comes from private wells on each property.

Show All Answers

1. What is trichloroethylene?
2. How are people exposed to trichloroethylene?
3. How much TCE is permitted in drinking water?
4. Where has TCE been found in Loudoun County?
5. What is the source of the well water contamination?
6. How was this contamination found?
7. What are the health effects of TCE?
8. How will this affect my pregnancy or children?
9. Will this affect my pets or plants?
10. What is the Health Department doing in response to these findings?
11. What should people do if TCE is found in their drinking water?
12. I live in CountrySide. Is my water safe to consume and use?
13. Where can I find out more about TCE in Loudoun County?