I just purchased a project that already has a bond on it. How do I post my new bond?
For the Erosion and Sediment Control Bond simply obtain a new bond meeting the County’s requirements and submit it along with a new Grading Permit Application with the new owner’s information to Building and Development.

For a Performance Bond you must submit an executed Addendum to Performance Agreement – New Owner and the new collateral. For more information use the link to the Substitutions Page found below.

Substituted surety must be of equal or better preference. This means that if the original collateral was a corporate surety bond, the County will accept another corporate surety bond, a letter of credit, or cash escrow. If the original collateral was a letter of credit, another letter of credit or cash escrow may be substituted. Cash may only be substituted for cash. New letters of credit or corporate surety bonds must meet the County’s standards found in FSM §8.303(A) and (C).

Substitutions Page

Show All Answers

1. What is a bond?
2. What kinds of collateral (bonds) does Loudoun County accept?
3. Are there any fees associated with posting a bond?
4. What is a W-9 form and why do I need to submit it?
5. How long does it take to get my cash bond back after it has been released?
6. I just purchased a project that already has a bond on it. How do I post my new bond?
7. My bank (or insurance company) doesn’t like some of the language in one of the County’s templates. Can we make changes and submit those for your review?
8. The bank that issued my letter of credit no longer meets the County’s minimum standards. What can I do?
9. My project is now released. How do I get the original corporate surety bond or letter of credit back?
10. Is there a way to ask you a question that isn’t in this list?
11. There is an erosion problem in my neighborhood. Who should I call?