What kinds of collateral (bonds) does Loudoun County accept?
Loudoun County accepts three types of collateral:
-Cash Escrow, in the form of a cashier’s check or certified check.
-Letter of Credit from a bank with offices in Virginia, Maryland, the District of Columbia, or nearby counties in West Virginia, and with a Highline rating of 35 or higher. See FSM §8.303(C) for specifics.
-Corporate Surety Bond from a provider with an A. M. Best rating of A or A+ and a size category of VIII or larger. If your chosen company meets the rating criteria, but not the size criteria, please call Bonds Management at 703-737-8942. See FSM §8.303(A) for specifics.

Show All Answers

1. What is a bond?
2. What kinds of collateral (bonds) does Loudoun County accept?
3. Are there any fees associated with posting a bond?
4. What is a W-9 form and why do I need to submit it?
5. How long does it take to get my cash bond back after it has been released?
6. I just purchased a project that already has a bond on it. How do I post my new bond?
7. My bank (or insurance company) doesn’t like some of the language in one of the County’s templates. Can we make changes and submit those for your review?
8. The bank that issued my letter of credit no longer meets the County’s minimum standards. What can I do?
9. My project is now released. How do I get the original corporate surety bond or letter of credit back?
10. Is there a way to ask you a question that isn’t in this list?
11. There is an erosion problem in my neighborhood. Who should I call?