Who can sign permit documents on behalf of the “operator?”

A properly authorized individual associated with the operator is responsible for certifying and signing permit documents, such as the Registration Statement and permit modification or transfer requests (Note: original ink-signature documents must be submitted). Authorized individuals are as follows:

  • For a corporation: by a responsible corporate officer. For the purpose of this part, a responsible corporate officer means:
    • A president, secretary, treasurer, or vice-president of the corporation in charge of a principal business function, or any other person who performs similar policy-making or decision-making functions for the corporation
    • The manager of one or more manufacturing, production, or operating facilities, provided the manager is authorized to make management decisions that govern the operation of the regulated facility including having the explicit or implicit duty of making major capital investment recommendations, and initiating and directing other comprehensive measures to assure long-term compliance with environmental laws and regulations; the manager can ensure that the necessary systems are established or actions taken to gather complete and accurate information for permit application requirements; and where authority to sign documents has been assigned or delegated to the manager in accordance with corporate procedures
  • For a partnership or sole proprietorship: by a general partner or the proprietor, respectively.
  • For a municipality, state, federal, or other public agency: by either a principal executive officer or ranking elected official. For purposes of this part, a principal executive officer of a public agency includes:
    • The chief executive officer of the agency
    • A senior executive officer having responsibility for the overall operations of a principal geographic unit of the agency

Show All Answers

1. Do I need VSMP / Construction General Permit coverage for my project?
2. What is the annual permit Maintenance Fee and why is it important?
3. When do I need to obtain coverage from both the county and the state?
4. What is the construction activity operator?
5. Who can sign permit documents on behalf of the “operator?”
6. How do I know if my project will be subject to the current or the “old” regulations?
7. If my property drains to an existing SWM facility, is SWM addressed for my project?
8. What is a Common Plan of Development or Sale, and how does it affect me?
9. When do I need to update my Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)?