Continuum of Care
News and Announcements
Notice: Drop-In Center Services Return to Meadowview Court
As of May 28, 2019, Loudoun County's drop-in services have returned to 19520 Meadowview Court in Leesburg. The services are available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. These include meals, access to shower and laundry facilities, and other resources.
Notice: Temporary Relocation of Shelter Services
The services normally provided at the Loudoun County Homeless Services Center have been relocated temporarily while the facility is renovated. If you need help:
- Please call 703-777-0420, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; or
- Visit the Department of Family Services, 102 Heritage Way, NE, Leesburg, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Continuum of Care Overview
The Loudoun County Continuum of Care (CoC) is a community coalition of public, nonprofit, and faith-based organizations that provide a variety of shelter and support services to persons who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. The overarching goal of the group is to ensure that there is a continuum of services to meet the needs of homeless persons in the community. The group meets monthly. Loudoun County Department of Family Services provides staff support to the Continuum of Care.
Services for Those In Need
- Cold Weather Shelter, Coordinated Entry Services, Drop-in Center, Emergency Shelters and Transitional Housing
Programs & Partnerships
- Data Collection - Collection – Homeless Management Information System, HUD Notice of Funding Availability, Permanent Supportive Housing, Point-in-Time Count and Virginia Homeless Solutions Program
- View 2018 Notice of Available Funding (with a deadline for applications of August 15, 2018) Opens a New Window. On August 31, the Continuum selected two applications for projects for submission to HUD.
- View the 2018 Project Selection Criteria and scoring sheets for projects approved by the Continuum for submission to HUD.
- View the two project applications selected to be submitted to HUD.
- Project Priority Listing submitted to HUD Opens a New Window. , showing the ranking of each project.
- The Continuum of Care Consolidated Application Opens a New Window.
Key Activities of the CoC
- Collects data about homelessness in Loudoun County; Conducts annual Point-in-Time homeless count in January
- Leads the process for the development of a Ten-Year Plan to End Homelessness for Loudoun County (Ten-Year Plan Work Group meets monthly)
- Maintains homeless management information system (HMIS)
- Operates the Coordinated Entry System to assist those experiencing a housing crisis.
- Provides a forum for service providers to network and to collaborate on funding applications for homeless services
For questions or more information, contact Continuum of Care Coordinator, by emailing Jennifer Hope Opens a New Window. or call the Department of Family Services at 703-777-0353.
More Information is Online
- Homeless in Northern Virginia: Local Communities Respond to Preventing and Ending Homelessness (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- List of Loudoun County Continuum of Care Member Organizations (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Northern Virginia Homeless Shelters (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Washington Area Council of Governments Regional Homeless Report for 2017 (PDF) Opens a New Window.