Continuum of Care
News and Announcements
Update to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development FY 2021 Continuum of Care Program Competition
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs (SNAPS) provides information about the following programs through two new listservs accessible on the HUD website:
- Continuum of Care (CoC) Program;
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Programs;
- Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP);
- Other Notices of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) developed by SNAPS; and
- Any other information related to SNAPS programs and the work to end homelessness.
Sign up for these two listservs to receive important information regarding the FY 2021 CoC Program Competition:
Information and guidance produced by HUD technical assistance providers regarding SNAPS programs remains on the HUD Exchange and new information will continue to appear. Documents and communication written by SNAPS will no longer be sent through the HUD Exchange listserv.
Loudoun County Unmet Housing Needs Strategic Planning Process Underway
Loudoun County is developing an Unmet Housing Needs Strategic Plan whose purpose it to define how the county will address unmet housing needs in a systematic and comprehensive way with integrated programs. The plan will also aim to identify housing targets over the short term - the next five years - and the long term. Get involved and learn more.
Continuum of Care Overview
The Loudoun County Continuum of Care (CoC) is a community coalition of public, nonprofit, and faith-based organizations that provide a variety of shelter and support services to persons who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. The overarching goal of the group is to ensure that there is a continuum of services to meet the needs of homeless persons in the community. The group meets monthly. Loudoun County Department of Family Services provides staff support to the Continuum of Care.
Services for Those In Need
- Cold Weather Shelter, Coordinated Entry Services, Drop-in Center, Emergency Shelters and Transitional Housing Opens a New Window.
Key Activities of the CoC
- Collects data about homelessness in Loudoun County; Conducts annual Point-in-Time homeless count in January
- Maintains homeless management information system (HMIS)
- Operates the Coordinated Entry System to assist those experiencing a housing crisis.
- Provides a forum for service providers to network and to collaborate on funding applications for homeless services
- Data Collection - Collection – Homeless Management Information System, HUD Notice of Funding Availability, Permanent Supportive Housing, Point-in-Time Count and Virginia Homeless Solutions Program
- View 2019 Notice of Available Funding (with a deadline for applications of August 30, 2019).
- FY2019 Notice of Funding Availability (NoFA) materials submitted to HUD:
- View the 2018 materials submitted to HUD:
- Monday, September 21, 2020, 2:00-3:00 p.m.*
- Monday, November 16, 2020
- Monday, January 25, 2021
- Monday, March 15, 2021
- Monday, May 17, 2021
*A Homeless Services Meeting open to all homeless service providers in Loudoun County. During this time, we are adhering to CDC guidance so this meeting will be held virtually.