The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors has set its meeting schedule for 2023 and has reelected Sterling District Supervisor Koran T. Saines as vice chairman. In the absence of Chair Phyllis J. Randall, Saines will perform the duties of the chair.
Under the rules of order adopted January 3, 2023, during the Board’s first meeting of the year, the Board’s monthly schedule of business meetings and public hearings, including the public input schedule, will generally remain the same as last year, with the exception of a new start time—4:00 p.m.—for business meetings. In addition, the Board’s Transportation and Land Use Committee will also start one hour earlier, at 5:00 p.m.
2023 Meeting Schedule
The Board’s adopted meeting schedule for 2023, which includes starting business meetings one hour earlier than last year, is as follows:
- Business meetings on the first and third Tuesday of the month at 4:00 p.m.
- Public hearing on the Wednesday of the week following the first business meeting of the month at 6:00 p.m.
- Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee meetings on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
- Transportation and Land Use Committee meetings on the third Wednesday of the month at 5:00 p.m.
- The Joint Board and School Board Committee schedule is to be decided at the committee’s first meeting of 2023, scheduled for February 6 at 5:00 p.m.
Details about the Board’s meetings are posted online at loudoun.gov/calendar.
2023 Holiday Adjustments
The Board made adjustments to the meeting schedule due to holidays:
- Moved the July 4, 2023, Board business meeting to July 5, 2023, due to the Independence Day holiday.
- Moved the November 7, 2023, Board business meeting to November 9, 2023, due to Election Day.
Board of Supervisors meetings are held in the Board Room in the Loudoun County Government Center, 1 Harrison St. SE in Leesburg. The meetings are available for viewing on television on Comcast Government Channel 23 and Verizon FiOS Channel 40, and at loudoun.gov/meetings.
Public Comment Schedule and Procedures
Members of the public may provide input to the Board during business meetings and public input. Speakers are encouraged to sign up in advance by calling 703-777-0200 by noon on the day of the meeting. Details on the process for signing up for public comment are included in the Board’s revised rules of order approved at the January 3 meeting. Procedures are posted online at loudoun.gov/signuptospeak.
- Public input at the Board’s business meetings will begin as early as 6:00 p.m.
- At the second business meeting of the month, an additional time of public input will be included at the beginning of the agenda at 5:00 p.m. The number of speakers is limited and speakers must sign up in advance.
- Comments at public hearings are limited to the items on the agenda.
The Board’s appointments to its standing committees—the Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee; the Joint Board and School Board Committee; and the Transportation and Land Use Committee—remain unchanged in 2023. In addition, the Board appointed members to various regional and county boards, which are listed in the agenda packet (PDF).
For More Information
More information about the Board of Supervisors is available at loudoun.gov/bos.
# # #