During September — Workforce Development Month — the Loudoun Workforce Resource Center will feature special virtual and in-person events at no cost for job seekers and people who are considering changing careers.
“Our annual celebration of September as Workforce Development Month will be a hybrid of virtual and in-person seminars for anyone looking for new employment or career advancement,” said Loudoun County Workforce Program Manager Shelly Rodriguez. “These events cover a variety of topics, including career development skills, navigating remote work and transportation and commuting.”
The in-person events will take place at the Workforce Resource Center at 705 E. Market Street, Suite E in Leesburg and at several Loudoun County Public Library branches.
Visit loudoun.gov/workforcemonth for detailed information about each event and how to register. Events will include:
Coffee & Career Chat
- Thursday, September 8, 9:00 - 11:00 a.m., Workforce Resource Center
How to Job Search for Remote Work
- Monday, September 12, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m., Virtual
Let’s Go to Work! (Two sessions)
- Tuesday, September 13, 9:00 – 10:00 a.m., Virtual
- Tuesday, September 13, 1:30 – 4:00 p.m., Workforce Resource Center (Spanish language interpretation available)
Resumes and Cover Letters: Make Yours Stand Out (Three sessions)
- Wednesday, September 14, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Sterling Library, 22330 S. Sterling Blvd, Suite A117, Sterling
- Tuesday, September 20, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Rust Library, 380 Old Waterford Road NW, Leesburg
- Tuesday, September 27, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m., Gum Spring Library, 24600 Millstream Drive, Stone Ridge
10 Crucial Steps for Success in IT
- Wednesday, September 14, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m., Virtual
Top 10 Reasons You Didn’t Get Hired
- Thursday, September 15, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m., Virtual
Virtual Job Fair
- Saturday, September 17, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Virtual
LinkedIn Profile Headshot Photography (by appointment only – two sessions)
- Monday, September 19, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Workforce Resource Center
- Tuesday, September 20, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Workforce Resource Center
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®
- Wednesday, September 21, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Workforce Resource Center
Where’s the Remote Work in Northern Virginia?
- Thursday, September 22, 10:00 – 10:45 a.m., Virtual
Avoiding Remote Work Scams
- Monday, September 26, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m., Virtual
Your Transition Mindset
- Wednesday, September 28, 4:00 – 5:00 p.m., Virtual
Anyone who requires a reasonable accommodation to participate in Workforce Development Month events may contact the Workforce Resource Center at 703-777-0150. Three business days’ notice is requested.
The Loudoun Workforce Resource Center provides no-cost resources and equipment to job seekers and businesses to help them achieve their employment goals. More information about the center can be found at loudoun.gov/wrc or by visiting the center located at 705 E. Market Street, Suite E in Leesburg.
# # #