Nonprofit organizations serving Loudoun County residents are encouraged to apply for local grant funding through HUD's Continuum of Care Program Supplemental Funding Opportunity to Address Unsheltered and Rural Homelessness. This funding will address unsheltered homelessness and homeless encampments, including funds set aside specifically to address homelessness in rural communities. This funding will enhance communities’ capacity to address unsheltered homelessness humanely and effectively by connecting vulnerable individuals and families to housing, healthcare, and supportive services.
The local application process is open to all nonprofit organizations serving Loudoun County residents. Eligible applicants must:
- Be an active member of the Loudoun Continuum of Care (CoC);
- Be an organization that is a nonprofit that is current on Form 990 filings with the Internal Revenue Service;
- Create an account in HUD’s portal e-snaps; and
- Established standard accounting practices including internal controls, fiscal management accounting procedures, cost allocation plans, and reliable tracking methods for organizational and program budgets by revenue sources and expenses.
Any organization interested in applying for this grant funding must:
- Submit a ‘Letter of Intent to Apply’ to the CoC Lead by emailing the letter no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, August 15, 2022.
- Review the detailed information and instructions in the Local Application Information document (PDF).
- Complete a local application no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, August 29, 2022.
# # #