NOVA Parks has released a Strategic Plan with priorities that follow their values of conservation and entrepreneurship.
This comprehensive vision includes:
- Plant over 50,000 trees creating new areas of forest
- Create or improve trails with a focus on sustainability and an investment of over $6 million
- Create a W&OD Visitor Center
- Create a new wetland park for environmental education and sustainability
- Invest in electric vehicles and mowers, and take other steps to lower carbon footprint
- Add five new parkland properties, and manage existing parkland to better sequester carbon
- Expand cultural events and festivals
- Lead effort to commemorate the Declaration of Independence with interpretive efforts focused on liberty, justice, and freedom
- Expand partnerships with community groups
- Grow entrepreneurial revenues to support park improvements
- Create a team and programs that are reflective of our changing and diverse community
The regional park authority, NOVA Parks, maintains parks in Loudoun County and five other jurisdictions: the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, and the counties of Arlington and Fairfax.
Click here to view the NOVA Parks website and see the NOVA Parks 2023-2027 Strategic Plan (PDF) to read more about their goals and objectives.