The Loudoun County Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services (MHSADS) has resumed in-person same-day access services. These services include screening for eligibility and assessment for a behavioral health outpatient, psychosocial rehabilitation and behavioral health case management services.
MHSADS has been offering same-day access services only by telehealth since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic and is now offering some in-person services. Same-day access allows a person who calls or appears at a clinic during its hours of operation to be assessed that same day instead of having to wait for an appointment.
Effective immediately, services will be offered as follows:
- In-Person Same-Day Access Services:
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Individuals may walk into the MHSADS clinic in the Shenandoah Office Building located at 102 Heritage Way, Suite 302, Leesburg.
- Telehealth Same-Day Access Services:
- Tuesday/Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Individuals may call 703-771-5155 to request telehealth services. Phone lines open at 8:30 a.m.
Individuals seeking services should bring along or have access to the following information:
- Driver’s license or other photo identification
- Health Insurance card, to include Medicaid and/or Medicare card
- Name, address and telephone number of primary care physician
- Verification of Social Security number; however, a Social Security number is not required to receive services
- Proof of income (most recent income tax return, one month of paystubs and/or Social Security Annual Earning Statement)
All individuals, regardless of vaccination status, are entering a health care setting and must wear a face covering in accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance.
There are fees associated with assessments and services provided by MHSADS; however, no one is denied access to services based upon an inability to pay. Individuals may be eligible for reduced fees based on their income and family size.
For more information on services offered by the Loudoun County Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services, visit loudoun.gov/mhsads or call 703-771-5155.
# # #