Nonprofit organizations serving Loudoun County residents are encouraged to provide input on American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) federal pass-through funding. Loudoun County will host one virtual general input session and five virtual ‘office hours’ listening sessions for nonprofit organizations to share their needs as the county begins planning for another round of funding.
Loudoun County encourages all nonprofit organizations to provide input, including those that have previously applied for ARPA funding or those considering applying for ARPA funding. Loudoun County nonprofit organizations that meet the criteria to apply for ARPA funding are those that:
- Are in good standing with the Virginia State Corporation Commission.
- Provide proof of 501(c)3 status.
- Provide the last three years of IRS 990 forms and other financial documentation.
- Can demonstrate that services provided, or residents served, continue to be affected by COVID-19 with a focus toward recovery.
General Input Session
The general input session will provide the opportunity to review ARPA federal guidance and the data collected in the first round of funding. Staff will highlight the connection between the April 2021 nonprofit needs assessment results and decisions that led to funding allocations. A 2022 nonprofit needs assessment will include any requests for additional ARPA funding.
The general input session will be held virtually on Microsoft Teams. The general input session will be recorded and can be provided upon request:
Office Hours Listening Sessions
The office hours listening sessions will provide nonprofit organizations the opportunity to share additional input and discuss specific needs related to ARPA funding directly with county staff in an open meeting format. The purpose of these sessions is to discuss potential projects that may be included in ARPA funding programs, reporting requirements, and needs based on organizational COVID-related service levels. These sessions will be held virtually on Microsoft Teams at the following times:
- Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. - Discuss 2022 ARPA Nonprofit Needs Assessment
- Thursday, March 24, 2022, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. - Finalize 2022 ARPA Nonprofit Needs Assessment and Share General Input
- Monday, April 4, 2022, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. - Discuss Feedback on Funding Programs
- Thursday, April 21, 2022, 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. - Discuss Feedback on Funding Programs
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022, 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. - Discuss Feedback on Funding Programs
More information, including logon information for the upcoming input sessions, is online at loudoun.gov/grantopportunities.
# # #