The Loudoun Workforce Resource Center will host a series of workshops the week of January 18-21, 2022, for Loudoun County job seekers seeking to hone their interviewing skills.
“Interviewing is an important step in the candidate selection process, so we have curated a week of workshops on this topic,” said Loudoun County Workforce Team Leader Shelly Rodriguez. “We encourage all Loudoun County job seekers to take advantage of these no-cost sessions so they can demonstrate the value they bring to an employer, better share their accomplishments and skills using a story-telling model, and optimize their interview responses.”
Visit loudoun.gov/wrcworkshops for detailed information about each event and how to register. Events will include:
- Interviewing Styles: January 18, 2022, 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Loudoun Workforce Resource Center, Identify how your approach to interviewing is often based on your personality and how that can impact your interview outcomes.
- SCAR-Q, Discover Your Competencies: January 18, 2022, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m., Loudoun Workforce Resource Center, Learn how to relate your accomplishments and demonstrate your skills by “telling a story” using the SCAR-Q format.
- 30-Second Commercial – So, Tell Me About Yourself: January 20, 2022, 1:30 - 3:30 p.m., Virtual, Also known as an “elevator speech,” the commercial is your first chance to introduce yourself to someone and give them a short synopsis of your skills and experience with the goal of getting them to ask you for more information.
- Interviewing to Get Hired: January 20-21, 2022, 9:00 - 11:30 a.m. both days, Virtual, This two-day bootcamp covers everything from A-Z about the interview process and helps you put it all together for more successful future interviews.
- 10 Top Reasons People Don’t Get Hired: January 21, 2022, 1:30 - 3:30 p.m., Virtual, Learn about the most common interviewing mistakes, and how to avoid them, to increase your chances of a job offer.
The Loudoun Workforce Resource Center, 705 East Market Street, Suite E, in Leesburg, provides no-cost resources and equipment to both job seekers and businesses and connects businesses and job seekers to help them achieve their employment goals. More information about the services provided by the Loudoun Workforce Resource Center may be found online at loudoun.gov/wrc.
# # #