12-01-21: Update to the Schedule of Work at Loudoun County Parkway/Riverside Parkway Intersection
Work is now scheduled to continue through December 8, 2021, weather permitting. Updates to the original schedule include:
- Friday, December 3, 7:00 p.m. – Saturday, December 4, 5:00 a.m.: Construction crews will be resurfacing the left-turn lanes.
- Wednesday, December 8, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Construction crews will be restriping the asphalt.
11-24-21 Original News Release:
Beginning the evening of November 29 and continuing through December 3, 2021, Loudoun County will institute single-lane closures for the eastbound and westbound left-turn lanes at the intersection of Loudoun County Parkway and Riverside Parkway, during daytime and evening hours. One single left-turn lane for each direction will be open during the temporary lane closure. Additional short-term traffic stoppages will also be necessary at this intersection during the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. - 5:00 a.m.
The schedule of the temporary left-turn lane closures and short-term traffic stoppages is as follows:
- Monday, November 29, 7:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m.: Construction crews will be milling in the left-turn lanes.
- Tuesday, November 30 - Thursday, December 2, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Construction crews will be working on the signal controls at the intersection.
- Thursday December 2, 7:00 p.m. – Friday, December 3, 5:00 a.m.: Construction crews will be resurfacing the left-turn lanes.
- Friday, December 3, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Construction crews will be restriping the asphalt.
- Weather permitting, drivers should expect weekday and evening left-turn lane closures during construction.
Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office personnel will be onsite to facilitate the movement of traffic and to provide additional safety measures. Electronic message boards are scheduled to be in place November 26 to alert drivers in advance. Drivers are encouraged to proceed with caution and follow directions provided by law enforcement and posted signs.
# # #