Loudoun County will host an electronics recycling event Saturday, September 18, 2021, from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. at the Leesburg Park and Ride, 19730 Sycolin Road, Leesburg. There is a limit of five items per vehicle; a one-cubic-foot size box or equivalent size container for smaller items will be considered one item.
Fees will be charged for televisions and hard drive destruction services. Only credit cards will be accepted: no cash, no checks.
- Typical electronics that will be accepted: Televisions, desktop computers, computer monitors, laptops, servers, mainframes, circuit boards, hard drives, modems, printers, fax machines, scanners, copiers, network cables, power cables, extension cords, electrical wire, uninterruptible power supply (UPS), surge protectors, answering machines, microwave ovens, calculators, smartphones, desk phones, pagers, stereo and video receivers, DVR/CD/DVD/VHS players, video game consoles, cables, stereo speakers, radios, small household appliances such as toaster ovens, coffee makers, blenders, hair dryers, curling irons, clothes irons and holiday lights.
Items Not Accepted
- Electronics that will not be accepted include household appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, air conditioners, stoves, washers and dryers, fluorescent light bulbs, smoke alarms, mercury thermostats, household batteries and vehicle batteries, ballasts, light bulbs, smoke detectors, equipment that contains chemicals, asbestos, radioactive components, or liquid fuels, microwave glass plates, PCBs, aerosols and equipment that contains mercury.
Hard Drive Destruction
- On-site hard drive destruction will be provided upon request for $4 per hard drive if removed from a computer prior to the event. Destruction services for intact hard drives, or those that have not already been removed from the computer, will cost $20 each.
Fees: Only Credit Card Payment will be Accepted; No Cash, No Checks
- $10 per TV or computer monitor
- $4 per pre-removed hard drive destroyed on-site, if hard drive is removed from computer prior to bringing to the event
- $20 per intact hard drive destroyed on-site, if hard drive is not removed from computer prior to bringing to the event
- In accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance, it is recommended that all individuals should wear a face covering at the point of service regardless of vaccination status.
For more information about the electronics recycling event, call 703-771-5514 or send an email. More information also is online at loudoun.gov/electronics.
# # #