Adults who work with young people and who are interested in having a better understanding of mental illness is encouraged to sign up for the next Youth Mental Health First Aid training offered by Loudoun County . The class is scheduled for September 15 & 16, 2021, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. each day. The deadline to register is September 8, 2021.
The free classes cover:
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illness
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use
- How to interact with a person in crisis
- How to connect the person with help
- Information on trauma, addiction and self-care
Find details and a link to register at loudoun.gov/mhfirstaid.
# # #