During September -- Workforce Development Month -- the Loudoun Workforce Resource Center will feature special virtual and in-person events at no cost for job seekers and people who are considering changing careers.
“As we all continue to navigate the coronavirus pandemic, our annual celebration of September as Workforce Development Month will be a hybrid of virtual and in-person seminars for anyone looking for new employment,” said Loudoun County Workforce Team Leader Shelly Rodriguez. “The webinars cover a variety of community interests and needs, including topics such as telework and transitioning back to work.”
Visit loudoun.gov/workforcemonth for detailed information about each event and how to register. Events will include:
- Ride Confidently: Tapping into TransitApp and SmarTrip® on Loudoun County Transit (Two sessions): Wednesday, September 1, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.; Friday, September 10, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Community Connections: Drop In & Discover: Tuesday, September 7, 9:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Childcare Options for Working Families: Wednesday, September 8, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Remote Work in the New Normal: Thursday, September 9, 10:00 – 11:15 a.m.
- Making Work, Work for You - An Introduction to Social Security Disability Work Incentives: Thursday, September 9, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Youth WIOA (Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act) Information Session: Monday, September 13, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Is WIOA (Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act) Right for You? (Two sessions): Thursday, September 16, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.; Thursday, September 23, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Transition to Work: Re-engaging with Co-workers and Customers: Friday, September 17, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- Career Conversations: A Panel Discussion & Networking Reception: Monday, September 27, 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Managing Your Money – Budgeting & Savings Strategies (Two sessions): Tuesday, September 28, 12:00 - 1:15 p.m. (English); Wednesday, September 29, 12:00 - 1:15 p.m. (Spanish)
The Loudoun Workforce Resource Center provides no-cost resources and equipment to job seekers and businesses to help them achieve their employment goals. More information about the center can be found at loudoun.gov/wrc.
# # #