As the Loudoun County Department of Animal Services (LCAS) prepares to move into its new facility in Leesburg at the end of July, residents should be aware of upcoming changes to the department’s normal operations schedule.
July 9 Adoption Event
- A final pet adoption event at the existing Animal Shelter in Waterford is scheduled for Friday, July 9, 2021, 11:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- All adoption fees will be waived for the event to encourage as many adoptions as possible before the move.
- Following the event, the Waterford facility will be closed and LCAS will begin the process of moving to the new Animal Services facility in Leesburg.
July 10 – July 15: Emergency Services Only
- LCAS will be open for emergency services only Saturday, July 10 - Thursday, July 15, 2021.
- Humane Law Enforcement services will be available, as usual, by calling 703-777-0406 during the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- For after-hours animal emergencies, a Humane Law Enforcement Officer can be reached by calling the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office non-emergency line at 703-777-1021.
July 16 – July 29: By Appointment Only
- Beginning Friday, July 16, 2021, LCAS will offer services at the new facility in Leesburg by appointment only. All services, including adoptions, surrenders, licensing and other in-shelter business, will require an appointment.
- Anyone who needs to make an appointment during this time may call 703-777-0406.
- Adoption appointments will be available from 11:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. Other non-adoption business appointments will be available from 8:30 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
July 30: Grand Opening
- On Friday, July 30, 2021, at 11:00 a.m., a ribbon cutting ceremony will kick off grand opening festivities and the LCAS Leesburg facility will be open for regular business.
- Adoption hours will be Monday – Sunday, 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Regular business hours will be Monday-Sunday, 8:30 a.m. – 6 00 p. m.
- The new facility is located at 42225 Adoption Drive, Leesburg 20175. Note that all visitors to the new Loudoun County Animal Services facility must access the site from Sycolin Road in Leesburg. From Sycolin Road, drivers should enter on Crosstrail Boulevard, pass by Segra Field and Bolen Park to Kincaid Boulevard, and finally to Adoption Drive. The Waze app will direct you to the new facility via the correct route.
More information about the grand opening will be posted through the county’s communication channels, including at loudoun.gov/animals.
# # #