The Jury Management Division of the Clerk’s Office hosted a jury conference recently that was attended by several circuit court clerks and deputy clerks from other jurisdictions in Virginia. Some circuit court clerks and deputy clerks participated remotely via virtual meeting software. During the conference, topics related to special COVID-19 protocols for jury trials, the jury summons process, jury management technology systems and other relevant topics related to the administration of jury trials were discussed by conference attendees. By meeting collectively to review and discuss these topics, we hope to develop expansive collaboration throughout Virginia to develop best practices for jury management. Special acknowledgement is extended to the Loudoun County Clerk’s Office Jury Management team of Jury Manager Leslie Kelly and deputy clerks Kim McDaniel and Cherilyn Myers who planned, organized and assembled a productive conference.
Representatives from other Virginia circuit court clerks’ offices who attended the jury conference included the following:
- Honorable Angela Moore, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Warren County
- Alyssa Crump, Deputy Clerk, Warren County Circuit Court Clerk’s Office
- Amanda Fox, Deputy Clerk, Fairfax County Circuit Court Clerk’s Office
- The Honorable Sarona Irvin, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Shenandoah County
- Alena Murdock, Deputy Clerk, Rockingham County/City of Harrisonburg Circuit Court Clerk’s Office
- Kate Anderson, Deputy Clerk, Clarke County Circuit Court, Clerk’s Office
For more information about the Loudoun County Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court, visit www.loudoun.gov/clerk.