The Virginia Cooperative Extension Family Nutrition Program, "Eat Smart, Move More," empowers you to take charge of your health by eating healthy and living an active lifestyle. Our nutrition educators work with Virginians to teach essential life skills like cooking, managing a food budget, using SNAP/EBT, being physically active, handling food safely, and planning meals.
Here are some quick tips for shopping with limited items:
- Stock up on shelf-stable items when possible
- Have breakfast for dinner
- Try canned, frozen, and fresh varieties of your favorite foods
- Choose options that are low in sugars, sodium, and saturated fats
- Try different, low cost recipes and healthy recipes at eatsmartmovemore.org
Learn more, plus read a great omelet recipe: Shopping With Limited Items (PDF)
The Virginia Cooperative Extension Family Nutrition Program is in partnership with Loudoun Hunger Relief.