News & Announcements Home
The original item was published from 2/6/2021 2:07:00 PM to 2/6/2021 2:09:10 PM.
News & Announcements
Posted on: February 6, 2021
[ARCHIVED] Sunday, Feb. 7: Some County Facilities Delay Opening, Some Closed
Due to the forecasted inclement weather, some Loudoun County facilities will operate on a delayed opening schedule and other facilities will be closed on Sunday, February 7, 2021. The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning that includes Loudoun County, in effect beginning early Sunday morning. The forecasted snow accumulations in Loudoun range from 3 to 6 inches.
County Facilities – Sunday, February 7
Parks, Recreation and Community Services
- All recreation centers, community centers, senior centers and parks operated by the Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services(PRCS) will operate on a delayed opening schedule on Sunday, February 7.
- All PRCS facilities will open at noon.
- All PRCS programs before noon are canceled.
- Please continue to monitor the weather forecast and county news and information for any updates on Sunday morning regarding the operations of PRCS facilities Sunday afternoon.
Loudoun County Animal Services
Loudoun County Public Library
- COVID-19 Hotline
- The Health Department’s COVID-19 call center will be closed on Sunday, February 7.
- More information about the ongoing COVID-19 vaccination effort is posted at loudoun.gov/COVID19vaccine.
Forecast and Status Updates
- The county encourages residents to monitor the forecast closely and take the necessary precautions. Updated forecasts for Loudoun are posted by the National Weather Services (NWS) at weather.gov/lwx, as well as on the NWS Facebook and Twitter.
- Loudoun County will continue to provide updates on any weather-related impacts to county operations at loudoun.gov and on the county’s official Facebook and Twitter.
- The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) announced Saturday that its crews are preparing for the winter weather event. Track snow removal efforts and get real-time traffic information by visiting virginiadot.org. Follow VDOT on Facebook and Twitter. Call VDOT for more information at 1-800-FOR-ROAD.
- If you have to travel on snow-covered roads, be sure to review driving safety and preparedness tips from the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office before heading out on the road.
- Loudoun County has an interactive online tool to help residents determine who is responsible for the maintenance of their roads. Learn more at loudoun.gov/roads.
- Loudoun County encourages residents to know how to contact your utility providers. Loudoun County emergency management officials suggest that you take time to charge cell phones and other electronics ahead of the inclement weather. If you need to report outages, make sure you have contact information for local utilities, which is posted at loudoun.gov/winter.
# # #