Loudoun County Treasurer H. Roger Zurn Jr. reminds taxpayers that the deadline for payment of supplemental real estate and personal property taxes is Friday, February 5, 2021.
Payments received or postmarked after February 5, 2021, will incur a 10% late payment penalty. Additional interest at the rate of 10% per annum will be assessed. In addition to the late payment penalty for personal property taxes, if the taxes remain unpaid for 60 days after the original payment due date, the taxpayer will incur an additional 15% penalty of the total amount due. The due date will not be extended for bills where assessment questions have been filed with the Board of Equalization. Taxpayers who are having financial difficulties should contact the Office of the Treasurer’s Collections Team at 703-771-5656 for assistance.
Payments can be made using electronic check (eCheck), VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Please note that there is a convenience fee added to credit card transactions. There is no fee for eCheck. For safety and convenience, taxpayers are encouraged to make payments online.
Payments may be made:
- Online: loudounportal.com/taxes
- Through a mobile device: The Link2Loudoun app is available for free from the iPhone App Store and the Google Play Store. The app allows access to loudounportal.com/taxes to pay your taxes.
- Telephone: 1-800-269-5971 may be called 24 hours a day. During regular business hours, call 703-777-0280. Please have your account number and credit card number ready.
- By Mail: County of Loudoun, P.O. Box 1000, Leesburg, Virginia 20177-1000
- In Person: Treasurer’s Office Locations
- 1 Harrison Street SE, 1st Floor, Leesburg
- 21641 Ridgetop Circle, Suite 104, Sterling
The offices are open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., weekdays. A 24-hour drop box is located outside the Sterling office. Please note the drop box at the Leesburg office is currently unavailable due to construction.
Contact the Loudoun County Treasurer's Office at 703-777-0280 or send an email f you have not received your bill or if there are any questions.
Stay up to date on tax information by subscribing to the Tax Notices category of Alert Loudoun at loudoun.gov/alert.
You can also text the word “TAXES” to 888777 to receive text messages about tax-related information, including upcoming deadlines. Please note: Additional message and data rates may apply.
For information regarding real property tax exemptions and deferrals, please contact the Commissioner of the Revenue’s Office by email, by phone at 703-737-8557 or visit loudoun.gov/taxrelief.
# # #