Construction at the Loudoun County Government Center at 1 Harrison Street in Leesburg scheduled to begin Monday, December 14, 2020, will affect pedestrian and vehicular traffic on Harrison Street for about six weeks.
The county will be constructing an awning over the Government Center doors on the Harrison Street side of the building. As a result:
- The sidewalk on the Government Center side of Harrison Street between Loudoun Street and East Market Street will be closed. Pedestrians must use the sidewalk on the east side of the street.
- As a result of the sidewalk closure, the Loudoun County Transit bus stop on Harrison Street, which serves Routes 55 and 70, will be relocated temporarily to the other side of the street—on the east side of Harrison Street—beginning December 14.
- Route 55 passengers will use the existing bus stop located on Market Street, which is on the north side of the Government Center.
- Route 70 passengers will use the temporary bus stop on the east side of Harrison Street.
- As a result of the bus stop relocation, four public parking spaces on Harrison Street will be temporarily closed.
- Access to the outdoor, 24-hour Treasurer’s Office depository will be temporarily closed.
- The exit from inside the Government Center to Harrison Street will be temporarily closed.
During construction, pedestrians and motorists should use extra caution while using the short segment of Harrison Street in front of the Government Center and follow all directions and posted signs.
The construction project will not impact access to the Government Center. The main entrance to the Government Center is located on the courtyard side of the building, opposite the Government Center’s parking garage, which is accessed off Loudoun Street.
The project is expected to last through January 2021.
# # #