The Loudoun County Department of Family Services (DFS) has expanded in-person services at two locations, the Eastern Family Services Center and the Workforce Resource Center, with the following COVID-19 prevention measures in place for visitors:
- Face coverings are required; if you do not have one, a face covering will be provided to you.
- Stay 6 feet apart from others.
The Eastern Family Services Center, 21641 Ridgetop Circle, Sterling, is now offering in-person services, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Reception area capacity is limited to one individual at any given time; limit the number of individuals in your party to the extent possible.
The Workforce Resource Center, 102 Heritage Way, NE, Leesburg (first floor, rear entrance), is now offering limited in-person services by appointment only, Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and Tuesday/Thursday, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. To schedule an appointment, please call 703-777-0150.
Additionally, staff continue to provide virtual support:
- To apply for limited rent assistance, visit loudoun.gov/lra or call Information and Referral at 703-777-0420.
- To explore virtual job and career resources, including events and workshops, visit loudoun.gov/wrc.
- To apply for public assistance, such as Medicaid, SNAP, TANF, LTC, Childcare Subsidy, visit commonhelp.virginia.gov or call 1-855-635-4370.
- For questions about your public assistance case, contact your public assistance eligibility worker. Documents can be emailed to [email protected].
- For help finding childcare, visit vachildcare.com, call 1-866-KIDS-TLC or email.
- To apply for unemployment benefits, visit vec.virginia.gov or call 1-866-832-2363.
- If you need to report a case or abuse or neglect, please contact:
- Adult Protective Services hotline at 703-777-0437
- Child Protective Services hotline at 703-771-5437
- Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter (LAWS) 24-Hour Crisis Hotline at 703-777-6552
In addition to wearing a face covering and practicing social distancing in public spaces, Loudoun County encourages everyone in the community to take steps to limit the spread of COVID-19, which include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Avoid non-essential travel.
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about how to protect yourself and your family and to sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19.
- Opt in to receive text messages:
- English: Text LCCOVID19 to 888777
- Spanish: Text LCCOVIDESP to 88877
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may call the Loudoun County Health Department’s information line, 703-737-8300, or send an email.
# # #