The Loudoun County government has launched an online application for its rent assistance program for Loudoun County households economically impacted by COVID-19. The online application system allows applicants to use a computer, tablet or mobile phone to complete their application, including uploading all eligibility documentation.
The terms of the program include:
- Income eligibility based on household size for households earning up to 80% of the area median income ($79,600 for a family of four).
- Direct payments made to landlords or property management companies on behalf of residents who qualify for the program.
- Depending on funding availability, the program provides rent assistance for up to six months.
- Residents must be current in their rent payments as of March 31, 2020.
- The program will continue as long as the local emergency declaration is in effect and funding is available.
Residents who were current in their rent payments as of March 31, 2020, and who now need help paying rent, may submit an online application as well as eligibility documentation, such as a current lease and paperwork that shows a job loss, reduced income or hardship due to COVID-19. This documentation will be verified to determine eligibility. Submitting an application does not guarantee financial assistance will be provided.
To view an application checklist and to complete an online application, visit loudoun.gov/limitedrentassistance. To request a paper copy of the application form and checklist, contact the county’s Information and Referral program at 703-777-0420.
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about how to protect yourself and your family and to sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19.
- Opt in to receive text messages:
- English: Text LCCOVID19 to 888777
- Spanish: Text LCCOVIDESP to 88877
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may call the Loudoun County Health Department’s information line, 703-737-8300, or send an email.
# # #