As part of the ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Loudoun County is accepting donations of personal protective equipment (PPE) and will distribute the supplies to Loudoun-based health care providers and facilities in need.
Personal protective equipment may include:
- Surgical masks
- N95 respirators
- Disposable gowns
- Face shields
- Hand sanitizer
Any donated supplies must be unopened. Individuals and organizations with personal protective equipment to donate should submit an online form with details about the available equipment at loudoun.gov/ppe. They will be contacted by a county representative to coordinate the donation.
The county is not able to accept homemade equipment, such as homemade masks.
Requests for Equipment
The county is also fielding requests from Loudoun-based health care providers and facilities in need of personal protective equipment. Requests can be made through a form online at loudoun.gov/ppe.
The county has identified the following entities that are equally in need and will receive the donations collected by the county:
- Critical county and town government health care providers and emergency responders.
- Federally Qualified Health Centers and free clinics that accept referrals of ill patients that need evaluation and Coronavirus specimen collection.
- Assisted living and other senior facilities for whom PPE is recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Mass screening clinics.
- Outpatient providers who currently provide specimen collection and testing.
- Home health providers who are recommended to use PPE.
Donations will be distributed by the county to the facilities in need.
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about how to protect yourself and your family and to sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19.
- Text LCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive text alerts from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may call the Loudoun County Health Department’s information line, 703-737-8300, or send an email.
# # #