Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, all Loudoun County Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) programs are canceled and facilities are closed through at least April 1, 2020. County parks will remain open for self-directed trail and leisure use during normal operating hours; however, all park offices and athletic complexes will be closed. Routine cleaning of playground equipment will be maintained.
Loudoun County is modifying its announcement on Saturday, March 14, 2020, regarding PRCS operations based on revised guidance issued today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Upon review of the guidance, the county determined that PRCS programs and facility operations would not fall within the revised CDC guidance for gatherings of people.
The department will continue to provide home delivery meals services to those who are signed up as well as emergency meals delivery services to the congregate meals members.
PRCS administration in Leesburg will be open during normal operating hours, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Earlier this evening, the county announced that the department’s Adult Day Care centers are closed until further notice and Loudoun County Public Library branches will be closed beginning Monday, March 16, 2020.
The county continues to encourage everyone in the community to take steps to limit the spread of COVID-19, which include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Avoid non-essential travel.
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus to sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19.
- Text LCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive text alerts from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may call the Loudoun County Health Department’s information line, 703-737-8300, or email [email protected].
# # #