Loudoun County public safety personnel are on the scene of a gas leak in eastern Loudoun County that has heavily impacted traffic in the area. Route 7 eastbound between Cascades Parkway and Sterling Boulevard is currently closed. Motorists are advised to exercise caution, follow law enforcement direction, use alternate routes and avoid the area if possible.
The gas leak occurred after a gas line was struck at the intersection of Potomac View Road and Route 7. It is unknown at this time how long it will take it resolve the gas leak but residents and motorists should be prepared for an extended impact on traffic.
Detours and closures are in place:
- All eastbound traffic on Route 7 is being detoured onto Route 28.
- Northbound Potomac View Drive is closed at Benedict Drive.
- Bartholomew Drive is closed at Route 7.
- Potomac View Drive southbound is closed at Palisades Parkway.
- Cascades Parkway to Route 7 eastbound is closed.
- Cascades Parkway southbound to 7 eastbound is closed.
Loudoun County residents can sign up for traffic alerts at loudoun.gov/alert. A real-time map of traffic incidents in the county is online at sheriff.loudoun.gov/traffic
# # #