Loudoun County is seeking nominations for the Route 28 Landowners Advisory Board. Members of the board are landowners within the Route 28 tax district from Loudoun and Fairfax Counties. The timeline for the election process is as follows:
- Letters are being mailed September 23, 2019, to all eligible property owners to make nominations.
- Nominations are due to Route 28 Landowners Advisory Board Chairman Ted Lewis by October 10, 2019.
- Ballots will be mailed to property owners in the tax district on November 1, 2019.
- Ballots must be postmarked by November 22, 2019, and returned to Chairman Lewis.
- Election results will be posted on the Loudoun County website on January 13, 2020.
Persons eligible to serve as members of the Route 28 Highway Transportation Improvement District Landowners Advisory Board:
- Must own land zoned for commercial or industrial use within the district; or
- In the case of a corporation owning such land, be a designated officer or employee; or
- In the case of a partnership owning such land, be a designated partner.
In 1987, the Boards of Supervisors of Loudoun and Fairfax Counties created the Route 28 Highway Transportation Improvement District to fund improvements to Route 28, including widening and construction of ten grade-separated interchanges.
The district is governed by a commission which is comprised of four members from the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors, four members from the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, and the Virginia Secretary of Transportation.
The commission is advised by a Landowners Advisory Board comprised of twelve taxpayer representatives. Six of the Advisory Board members (three from each county) are elected by the taxpaying landowners to serve four-year terms.
More information about the Route 28 Landowners Advisory Board in Loudoun County is available at loudoun.gov/Route28AdvisoryBoard.
# # #