During September -- Workforce Development Month -- the Loudoun Workforce Resource Center will feature special events and workshops at no cost for job seekers and employers. Registration is required where noted.
Stop by the Open House at the Loudoun Workforce Resource Center to learn about the tools, resources and support available through the center:
- Employer Open House: September 19, 2019, 8:30 – 10:00 a.m. Register here.
- Job Seeker Open House: September 19, 2019, 12:30 – 2:00 p.m. Register here.
Breakfast with Businesses
Job seekers are invited to this networking event with businesses from various industries at the Loudoun Workforce Resource Center on September 25, 2019, 9:00 – 11:30 a.m. Light morning refreshments served. Registration required. Register here.
Coffee with a Career Counselor
Talk with a Career Counselor and get job search advice while getting your morning cup of coffee:
- September 10, 2019, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., Ridgetop Coffee & Tea, 21631 Ridgetop Circle, Sterling.
- September 11, 2019, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., Blend Coffee Bar, 43170 Southern Walk Plaza #120, Ashburn.
Job Seeker Workshops
A variety of job seeker workshops will be offered at the Loudoun Workforce Resource Center throughout the month. Registration required at loudoun.gov/wrcworkshops:
- Trip Planning & Commuter Incentives: If you want to expand your job search but are unsure about commuting options, this is for you: September 4, 2019, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Lynda.com Learning Demo: This online learning platform offers video courses in business, software, and creative skills: September 17, 2019, 1:30 – 2:15 p.m.
- Surviving & Thriving Job Loss: Uncover your strengths and abilities as you pursue new job opportunities: September 20, 2019, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Ready for Work (Two-Day Event): Learn key skills for successful teamwork, communication, and effective problem solving: September 26 & 27, 2019, 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- U.S. Census Jobs in Loudoun County (multiple events): Attend one of these events to learn more about the flexible and part-time positions available with the U.S. Census: Sessions begin on September 6, 2019, at 9:30 a.m.
Two workshops designed especially for employers will be sponsored by the Loudoun Workforce Resource Center and held at Paul Davis Restoration, 44601 Guilford Drive, Ashburn, 20147:
- Immigrant Workforce & Hiring Documentation, presented by Catholic Charities: Get insight on employing foreign-born workers, including a review of various asylum/refugee hiring documents: September 17, 2019, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. Register here.
- Employee Handbooks, ‘Will Yours Make the Grade?,’ presented by Vanderpool, Frostick & Nishanian: Join attorneys to discuss best practices for organizational Human Resource handbooks: September 17, 2019, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. Register here.
Representatives from the Workforce Resource Center will also be at other related events in September, including:
- Job Prep Express: Information table: September 7, 2019, 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Northern Virginia Community College, 21200 Campus Drive, Sterling.
- Career & Trades Fair: Information table and brief presentation: September 14, 2019, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m., Rust Library, 380 Old Waterford Road, NW, Leesburg.
- Hire Loudoun: Free resume reviews and information table: September 21, 2019, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Northern Virginia Community College, 21200 Campus Drive, Sterling.
The Loudoun Workforce Resource Center is located in the Shenandoah Building at 102 Heritage Way, NE in Leesburg. The center provides no-cost resources and equipment to job seekers and businesses to help them achieve their employment goals. More information about the center can be found at loudoun.gov/wrc.
# # #