Loudoun County Treasurer H. Roger Zurn Jr. reminds taxpayers that the deadline for payment of the first half personal property tax is Monday, May 6, 2019.
Payments postmarked after May 6, 2019, will incur a 10 percent late payment penalty. Additional interest at the rate of 10 percent per annum will be assessed. Payments not received within 60 days of the due date will incur an additional 15 percent penalty. The due date will not be extended for bills where assessment questions have been filed with the Commissioner of the Revenue.
Payments can be made using electronic check (echeck), VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Please note there is a convenience fee added to credit card transactions. There is no fee for echeck.
Payments may be made:
- Online: loudoun.gov/paytaxes
- Through a mobile device: The Link2Loudoun app is available for free from the iPhone App Store and the Google Play Store. The app allows access to www.loudounportal.com/taxes to pay taxes.
- By Telephone: 1-800-269-5971 may be called 24 hours a day. During regular business hours, call 703-777-0280. Please have your account number and credit card number ready.
- By Mail: County of Loudoun, P.O. Box 1000, Leesburg, Virginia 20177-1000
- In Person: Treasurer’s Office Locations
- 1 Harrison Street SE, First Floor, Leesburg
- 21641 Ridgetop Circle, Suite 104, Sterling
The offices’ regular business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. On Friday, May 3, and Monday, May 6, 2019, the Treasurer’s offices will be operating under extended business hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. In addition, 24-hour deposit boxes are located outside each office.
Anyone who has not received a personal property tax bill should contact the Loudoun County Treasurer's Office at 703-777-0280 or by email.
Stay up to date on tax information by subscribing to the Tax Notices category of Alert Loudoun at loudoun.gov/alert. You can also text the word “TAXES” to 888777 to receive text messages about tax-related information, including upcoming deadlines.
The Personal Property Tax Relief Program for the Elderly or Disabled is administered by the Commissioner of the Revenue. Email, phone 703-737-8557, or visit loudoun.gov/taxrelief for more information.
# # #