Loudoun County is modifying its announcement on Saturday, March 14, 2020, regarding operation of the Adult Day Centers by the Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services.
Loudoun County has determined that the Adult Day Care program cannot guarantee the social distancing that is consistent with guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Virginia Department of Health, which is necessary to protect the clients who are among the population most vulnerable to COVID-19. Upon further review of the program, the county has determined that the centers will close to the public until further notice.
The county operates three Adult Day Centers in Loudoun. The approximately 55 families affected by the closure are being notified.
The closure of the Adult Day Centers follows a number of changes and cancellations of county programs announced Saturday, March 14, 2020.
The county continues to encourage everyone in the community to take steps to limit the spread of COVID-19, which include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Avoid non-essential travel.
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus to sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19.
- Text LCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive text alerts from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may call the Loudoun County Health Department’s information line, 703-737-8300, or send an email.
# # #