Posted on February 14, 2022 at 5:07 PM by MaryFrances Forcier
Project Update: February 14, 2022
FEMA Map and LOMA Update
- FEMA’s Letter of Map Revision (LOMR) became effective January 31, 2022. This revision updates the floodplain elevations. The revised map better reflects the results of the Wood PLC watershed analysis.
- View the effective map.
- A Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) was submitted on behalf of the 24 property owners affected by the map change. The final LOMA determination was issued February 7, 2022.
- Staff is currently working to mail out the final determinations to residents. Letters will be sent in the next 5-7 business days.
- This newly issued LOMA will include information that homeowners can submit to their lenders, which in some cases may reduce or eliminate the lender’s requirement for flood insurance
- If you have questions regarding the next steps in this process, please contact Maggie Auer, project manager, by email or call 703-777-0222.
Stay Informed About This Project