Posted on January 18, 2022 at 5:28 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Last report 01/10/[email protected]:22 p.m.
COVID-19 Cases Data
- Total Cases: 57,869 (up 5,097 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 29.3% (down 5.1% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 1,305 (up 15 since last report.)
- Total Deaths: 315 (up 1 since last report)
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria and Other Key Measures
COVID-19 Vaccine Data
Loudoun County Update
- COVID-19 Testing Event in Leesburg January 21: Loudoun County’s next free, drive-thru COVID-19 testing event is scheduled Friday, January 21, 2022, at Philip A. Bolen Memorial Park, 42405 Claudia Drive, Leesburg. (Enter the park on Crosstrail Boulevard from Sycolin Road.) Testing is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m., but may begin early to mitigate traffic impacts.
- In an effort to make the testing process more efficient, the required registration form can now be filled out and submitted online prior to the testing event.
- Submitting the form in advance is not an appointment or a guarantee for a test. The form is required and asks for general information including name, date of birth, address and phone number. The information is kept private. For anyone who cannot submit the forms online, paper forms will also be available at the testing site.
- Depending on demand, there may be a significant wait time in the drive-thru line.
- Entrance to the park may be restricted intermittently to limit traffic impacts on Sycolin Road. Queuing on Sycolin Road will not be allowed. If testing capacity is reached, the site will close for the day.
- To be notified regarding changes in site operations, opt in to receive text message updates in English (text LCCOVID19 to 888777) or Spanish (text LCCOVIDESP to 888777), or check the Loudoun County Government Facebook page or @LoudounCoGovt on Twitter.
- Find more details at loudoun.gov/covid19testing.
- Other COVID-19 Testing Options: The Virginia Department of Health has established regional community testing centers in Fairfax and Prince William Counties. Both centers operate by appointment only.
- Order Free COVID-19 Tests Online: The website set up by the federal government allowing every household in the U.S. to order four, free at-home COVID-19 tests is now live, a day earlier than planned. The website, covidtests.gov, directs you to a special U.S. Postal Service website, where each household may order four tests. The tests are scheduled to start shipping in late January.
- Protecting Yourself Against COVID-19: Health officials say that although the highly transmissible Omicron variant may cause less severe illness, COVID-19 cases are still rising and the mitigation measures that we have been using throughout the pandemic are more important than ever, including:
- Wearing face masks in indoor public settings. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has updated its guidance on masks.
- Receiving all recommended vaccination and booster doses. Learn more at loudoun.gov/covid19vaccine.
- Staying 6 feet away from people who do not live in your household.
- Covering your coughs and sneezes.
- Washing your hands frequently.
- Staying home when sick.
- Avoiding contact with sick people.
- Knowing the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and getting tested if you’re symptomatic, or if potentially exposed to COVID-19, regardless of your vaccination status.
- Learn more about protecting yourself and your family on the Virginia Department of Health website.
- More Information
All Loudoun County News
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Loudoun County Public Schools
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19