Posted on December 29, 2021 at 3:25 PM by Nancy McCormick
We were able to test more than 2,000 individuals in more than 1,000 vehicles at our last drive-thru testing event on December 28.
If you’re planning to get a COVID-19 test at the Loudoun County drive-thru testing event scheduled for December 30, 2021, at Philip A. Bolen Memorial Park in Leesburg, here’s what you need to know:
Testing is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m. Testing may begin early to mitigate traffic impacts.
- Enter the park on Crosstrail Boulevard from Sycolin Road. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter the testing line from any other location. The address of the park is 42405 Claudia Drive, Leesburg.
- Complete the registration form ahead of time. To help reduce wait times, people who plan to attend the testing event are strongly encouraged to complete a registration form for each person who will be receiving a test prior to arriving at the testing site. The registration form is required and asks for general demographics and contact information, including name, date of birth, address, phone number and current symptoms, if any. Questions about insurance may be ignored.
- Registration Form: English (PDF) | Spanish (PDF)
- The fillable form may be downloaded, filled out and printed. Completed forms should be brought with you to the testing site. Forms will also be available at the testing site for individuals who do not have access to a printer or otherwise are unable to complete the forms in advance.
- Wait times may be several hours. Even if you arrive early, you should expect long wait times to get through the testing line.
- Capacity is limited by the space for vehicles and the need to complete testing during daylight hours. The county and its testing contractor intend to test as many people as possible given the constraints of space, time and staffing. We understand that demand for testing is very high and are continually striving to increase the number of tests that can be administered.
- Entrance to the park may be restricted intermittently to limit traffic impacts on Sycolin Road. Queuing on Sycolin Road will not be allowed on December 30. If testing capacity is reached, the site will close for the day. To be notified regarding changes in site operations, opt in to receive text message updates in English (text LCCOVID19 to 888777) or Spanish (text LCCOVIDESP to 888777), or check the Loudoun County Government Facebook page or @LoudounCoGovt on Twitter.
- Follow direction from law enforcement and traffic management staff. Traffic patterns inside the park will be arranged to maximize testing and vehicle queueing. Please pay close attention to direction from traffic management.
- Stay tuned for future testing events. More information about testing opportunities for the month of January will be announced soon. Find the latest at loudoun.gov/covid19testing.
# # #