Posted on September 17, 2021 at 4:15 PM by MaryFrances Forcier
Project Update: September 17, 2021
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has responded to the county’s March 2021 request to reassess the data used in FEMA’s February 2021 Letter of Map Amendment.
- FEMA’s final decision is to update the current December 2020 FEMA flood map to incorporate the more detailed information required to provide an accurate picture of current flood risk.
- View a copy of the draft map here (PDF).
- The draft map shows a closer view of the subject area as well as additional elevations within the established floodplain.
- If there are no appeals, comments or unforeseen issues, the map should become effective January 31, 2022.
- This more detailed information will allow FEMA to make more precise determinations for the homes in a future Letter of Map Amendment. The county will work with FEMA on reissuing a new LOMA determination that reflects the current flood risk of homes within the Special Flood Hazard Area. Staff estimates that the new Letter of Map Amendment may be completed by March 2022.
- If you have questions regarding this map or the process, please contact Maggie Auer, project manager, at [email protected] or 703-777-0222.
Stay Informed About This Project