Posted on May 20, 2021 at 5:14 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Last report 05/19/[email protected]:59 p.m.
COVID-19 Cases Data
COVID-19 Vaccine Data
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 27,837 (up 16 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 2.9% (down 0.4% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 1,063 (unchanged since last report)
- Total Deaths: 277 (unchanged since last report)
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria and Other Key Measures
- Loudoun Adjusts Face Mask Rules in Most County Government Facilities: In response to the lifting of the universal mask mandate in Virginia and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance, Loudoun County generally no longer requires face masks to be worn by members of the public who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and visiting county facilities, including the Loudoun County Courthouse.
- There are exceptions. Face masks are still required in public transit settings, such as Loudoun County Transit buses; health care facilities, such as the county’s Dulles Town Center COVID-19 vaccination site; detention facilities and congregate care settings. Also, anyone participating in a jury trial at the Loudoun County Courthouse will be required to wear a mask until further notice.
- Anyone who is not vaccinated should wear a face covering in all public settings in accordance with Virginia Governor Ralph Northam’s Executive Order 72 (PDF) and take precautions per CDC guidance for unvaccinated people.
- The county will continue to follow social distancing measures in accordance with the Governor’s order and will enforce the requirements for six feet of physical distancing inside all county facilities. Governor Northam also issued a new order, Executive Order 79 (PDF), which terminates Executive Order 72 effective at midnight on May 28, 2021.
- View the latest information on the county government's operating status before visiting a county facility.
- Building & Sustaining Resiliency; Tools for Uncertain Times: Learn about not just surviving, but also thriving during COVID-19 during an online forum sponsored by the Suicide Prevention Alliance of Northern Virginia, which includes Loudoun County. The virtual forum will focus on strengthening emotional well-being and resilience in these uncertain and difficult times. The free webinar is scheduled for May 24, 2021, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. and includes youth and community members. Find details at loudoun.gov/suicideprevention.
- Next COVID-19 Testing is in South Riding: The next Loudoun County-sponsored COVID-19 testing event is scheduled for Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., at the Dulles South Recreation & Community Center, 24950 Riding Center Drive, South Riding. The drive-thru testing is free and open to all. Required registration forms are online at loudoun.gov/COVID19testing.
- More Information:
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19