Posted on May 19, 2021 at 4:53 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Last report 05/17/[email protected]:20 p.m.
COVID-19 Cases Data
COVID-19 Vaccine Data
- Total Cases: 27,811 (up 12 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 3.3% (down 0.2% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 1,060 (up 3 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 277 (unchanged since last report)
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria and Other Key Measures
Loudoun County Update
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 370,232 (up 3,888 since last report) I Virginia: 7,158,336 (up 48,385 since last report)
- Loudoun County Residents Fully Vaccinated: 165,474 (up 597 since last report)
- Percent of Total Loudoun Population Fully Vaccinated: 40% (up 0.1% since last report)
- Total Vaccine Doses Received Over Last 7 Days: Virginia: 87,550 (down 1,670 since last report)
- Virginia’s COVID-19 Vaccine Summary
- Northern Virginia Regional Commission Dashboard
- COVID-19 Update on Board of Supervisors May 18 Meeting Agenda: Loudoun County Health Director Dr. David Goodfriend will provide an update on COVID-19 in Loudoun at tonight’s (5/18/21) Board of Supervisors business meeting, which begins at 5:00 p.m. The update will include the latest information on the pandemic in Loudoun, including vaccinations, cases, testing and more.
- New Hours of Operation for COVID-19 Information Line: As we reported earlier today, starting this week, the Loudoun County COVID-19 information line's hours of operations will be Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays when Loudoun County government administrative offices are closed. This change eliminates weekend call center operations. As the number of people receiving COVID-19 vaccines continues to rise and the rate of cases declines, the call volume has significantly declined on weekends, prompting the scaling back of operations.
- Residents may still call 703-737-8300 weekdays for assistance with vaccination appointments and for COVID-19-related information.
- Outside of the county’s hours of operation, callers to the COVID-19 information line
will be forwarded to the Virginia Department of Health’s COVID-19 information line, 877-829-4682, when available.
- Also, anyone who needs assistance or information may send an email at any time to the Loudoun Health Department, which will reply as quickly as possible.
- Read the full news release.
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens: As a reminder, everyone 12 years of age and older is eligible to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. It's easier than ever to make an appointment. Pre-registration is no longer required. You can:
- Next Testing Event May 25: Loudoun County will hold another free, drive-thru COVID-19 testing event next week on Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., at the Dulles South Recreation & Community Center, 24950 Riding Center Drive, South Riding. Details, including links to required registration forms that can be downloaded, filled out and printed in advance, may be found at loudoun.gov/COVID19testing.
- More Information:
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19