Posted on May 13, 2021 at 4:53 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Last report 05/12/[email protected]:21 p.m.
COVID-19 Cases Data
COVID-19 Vaccine Data
- Total Cases: 27,729 (up 13 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 3.6% (down 0.2% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 1,054 (up 6 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 277 (up 1 since last report)
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria and Other Key Measures
Loudoun County Update
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 352,358 (up 2,327 since last report) I Virginia: 6,926,215 (up 49,760 since last report)
- Loudoun County Residents Fully Vaccinated: 154,884 (up 1,810 since last report)
- Percent of Total Loudoun Population Fully Vaccinated: 37.5% (up 0.5% since last report)
- Percent of Eligible Loudoun Population Fully Vaccinated: 49.7% (up 0.5% since last report)
- Total Vaccine Doses Received Over Last 7 Days: Virginia: 303,950 (unchanged since last report)
- Virginia’s COVID-19 Vaccine Summary
- Northern Virginia Regional Commission Dashboard
- Loudoun Now Vaccinating Adolescents 12-15; Streamlines Appointment Process: Thousands of children in Loudoun County are now eligible to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine following federal and state approval of expanding vaccination opportunities to children who are 12-to-15 years old. As we reported in an earlier blog post today, the Loudoun County Health Department is now offering vaccine appointments to anyone 12 years of age and older. Some key points.
- The appointment process has been streamlined. To schedule an appointment, visit the “Schedule A Vaccine Appointment” webpage and follow the “Step 1” instructions. Then, on the Vaccine Administration Management appointment page, submit a request for an appointment by following the prompts in the online form.
- Individuals ages 12 to 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. The vaccination site continues to operate by appointment only. All individuals who would like to be vaccinated must have an appointment.
- Vaccinations are free of charge for everyone regardless of immigration or health insurance status.
- Read the full news release.
- New Guidance on Face Masks for Fully Vaccinated People: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued new guidance on mask-wearing for people who are fully vaccinated. If you are fully vaccinated (which occurs two weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine), the CDC says you no longer need to wear a face mask or stay 6 feet away from others in most settings, whether outdoors or indoors, except where required by law, rules or regulations. There are exceptions. For example, you are required to wear a mask on all planes, buses, trains and other forms of public transportation in the U.S.
- Need a COVID-19 Test? Mark May 18 on Your Calendar: Loudoun County will hold our next free, drive-thru COVID-19 testing event Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., at Cascades Library, 21030 Whitfield Place, Potomac Falls (Access the testing location in the back parking lot, near the senior center.) The testing events are open to all. Find out more at loudoun.gov/COVID19testing.
- More Information:
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19