Posted on May 7, 2021 at 4:37 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Last report 05/06/[email protected]:11 p.m.
COVID-19 Cases Data
COVID-19 Vaccine Data
- Total Cases: 27,589 (up 50 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 4.3% (down 0.3% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 1,044 (up 2 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 275 (unchanged since last report)
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria and Other Key Measures
Loudoun County Update
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 331,719 (up 6,115 since last report) I Virginia: 6,625,668 (up 76,528 since last report)
- Loudoun County Residents Fully Vaccinated: 140,199 (up 4,502 since last report)
- Percent of Total Loudoun Population Fully Vaccinated: 33.9% (up 1.1% since last report)
- Percent of Eligible Loudoun Population Fully Vaccinated: 45% (up 1.4% since last report)
- Total Vaccine Doses Received Over Last 7 Days: Virginia: 273,300 (down 43,100 since last report)
- Virginia’s COVID-19 Vaccine Summary
- Northern Virginia Regional Commission Dashboard
- COVID-19 Vaccine for 12- to-15-Year-Olds: Health officials in Loudoun and Virginia are preparing for the possibility that opportunities to receive the COVID-19 vaccine will be expanded, possibly as early as next week, to adolescents who are 12 to 15 years old.
- On Wednesday, May 12, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) will consider approving the use of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for children who are 12 to 15 years old. The ACIP provides advice and guidance to the director of the CDC regarding use of vaccines in the United States. Recommendations made by the ACIP are reviewed by the director of the CDC, who decides whether to adopt the recommendations or not.
- Learn more about the ACIP and view the draft agenda for the meeting.
- Get Vaccinated: If you are 16 or older, you are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine now and it's easier than ever to schedule an appointment:
- Reminder - Shuttle Service is Available at the Loudoun Vaccine Clinic: Loudoun County has launched a free shuttle service between the Loudoun County Transit bus stop at Dulles Town Center and the county’s vaccination site located at the other end of the shopping mall. The shuttle runs continuously from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day the vaccination site is open. Anyone who has an appointment scheduled at the Health Department’s vaccination clinic and arrives via Loudoun County Transit is encouraged to ride the shuttle.
- COVID-19 Testing Event May 11: Loudoun County will hold another in our series of free, drive-thru COVID-19 testing events Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 10:00 am. - 1:00 p.m., at Philip A. Bolen Memorial Park, 42405 Claudia Drive, Leesburg (Enter the park on Crosstrail Boulevard from Sycolin Road.) Registration forms are required. You can find them and fill them out ahead of time at loudoun.gov/COVID19testing.
- More Information:
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19