Posted on April 21, 2021 at 4:45 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Last report 04/20/[email protected]:06 p.m.
COVID-19 Cases Data
COVID-19 Vaccine Data
- Total Cases: 26,849 (up 54 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 6.4% (down 0.3% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 1,008 (up 6 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 274 (unchanged since last report)
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria and Other Key Measures
Loudoun County Update
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 254,676 (up 4,445 since last report) I Virginia: 5,470,861 (up 60,125 since last report)
- Loudoun County Residents Fully Vaccinated: 91,172 (up 1,543 since last report)
- Vaccine First Doses Received Over Last 7 Days: Loudoun: 8,110 (unchanged since last report) | Virginia: 229,300 (up 3,120 since last report)
- Loudoun’s COVID-19 Vaccine Data Dashboard
- Virginia’s COVID-19 Vaccine Summary
- COVID-19 Update: Loudoun County Health Director Dr. David Goodfriend provided the Board of Supervisors with an update on COVID-19 during the Board's April 20, 2021, business meeting, covering the status of cases, vaccinations, testing and more. Some key points:
- The county did see a rise in coronavirus cases shortly after spring break. Those numbers are starting to come down, but the numbers are still high considering how many people have been vaccinated. The new cases are coming at a rate of about 50 or 60 a day. While we continue to see hospitalizations and deaths, the rate is lower than before.
- The presence of variants of the virus that causes COVID-19 in our region points out the importance of continuing the mitigation strategies that have worked so far, including face coverings, physical distancing and frequent handwashing.
- Everyone 16 and older who has not pre-registered for a vaccination is encouraged to register at vaccinate.virginia.gov or 1-877-829-4682.
- More pharmacies are receiving COVID-19 vaccine and are offering appointments. Information is available at vaccinefinder.org.
- Watch the archived video of the COVID-19 update.
- Next COVID-19 Testing Event: Loudoun County will hold a free, drive-thru COVID-19 testing event Tuesday, April 27, 2021, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at Ray Muth Sr. Memorial Park, 20971 Marblehead Drive, Ashburn. Required registration forms, which can be filled out and printed in advance, can be found at loudoun.gov/covid19testing.
- More Information:
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19