Posted on March 8, 2021 at 5:15 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Last report 3/5/[email protected]:44 p.m.
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 23,533 (up 181 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 7.2% (unchanged since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 881 (up 2 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 254 (up 2 since last report)
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 89,331 (up 6,433 since last report) I Virginia: 2,306,251 (up 130,762 since last report)
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria, and Other Key Measures
- Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine: Pre-Registration to Appointment: It's understandable if you are confused about the current process for receiving a COVID-19 vaccine. In an earlier blog post today, we explained the entire process and included a flowchart of what happens from pre-registration to appointment (PDF).
- It is important to understand that the pre-registration process is necessary because there is not a sufficient supply of COVID-19 vaccine to vaccinate everyone right now. When vaccine quantities are limited, public health officials identify those who should receive the vaccine first using a number of criteria. The Virginia Department of Health has outlined priority groups and categories to systematically vaccinate people.
- The process to vaccinate individuals includes several steps that involve different processes or systems that you may encounter as you move through the system to get a vaccine. Read more about the process in our earlier blog post.
- More Free COVID-19 Testing Events This Week: The next Loudoun County-sponsored drive-thru COVID-19 testing events are scheduled for March 9 and 11, 2021, at Philip A. Bolen Memorial Park, 42405 Claudia Drive, Leesburg. (Enter the park from Sycolin Road onto Crosstrail Boulevard). The county is holding free, twice-weekly events on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., at various locations throughout March. The complete schedule and links to registration forms that can be filled out ahead of time may be found at loudoun.gov/covid19testing.
- Help for COVID-19 Related Stress: On Tuesday, March 9, 2021, at 6:30 p.m., join Virginia C.O.P.E.S - the Virginia Crisis Counselor warmline - and the Virginia Community Response Network for a discussion on disaster behavioral response, stress management and coping with feelings associated with COVID-19. C.O.P.E.S. stands for "compassionate, optimistic, person-centered, empowering support." Crisis counselors are available to take calls. Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. and on Saturday and Sunday from 5:00 – 9:00 p.m. VA C.O.P.E.S can be reached by phone or text at 877-349-6428. Spanish speaking counselors are available.
- More Information:
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19