Posted on February 25, 2021 at 5:02 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Last report 2/24/[email protected]:24 p.m.
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 22,873 (up 57 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 7.5% (down 0.2% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 849 (up 7 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 208 (up 1 since last report)
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 59,080 (up 504 since last report) I Virginia: 1,709,828 (up 42,475 since last report)
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria, and Other Key Measures
- Health Director Answers Your Questions: Loudoun County Health Department Director Dr. David Goodfriend answered questions about COVID-19 vaccine efforts during a live question-and-answer session on Facebook Wednesday evening. Topics included the Virginia statewide pre-registration system, the vaccine waitlist, who gets priority and the vaccine supply. In case you missed it, you can watch it here.
- Virginia Vaccine Update: State officials report Virginia is currently receiving about 161,000 doses of vaccine a week from the federal government. Because approximately 50% of Virginia residents are now eligible to be vaccinated, the limited supply of vaccine means it will take weeks or longer to complete Phase 1b unless supply improves.
- Statewide Pre-Registration System: Data migration issues continue with the new statewide pre-registration system, which is why some people who pre-registered for COVID-19 vaccine in Loudoun County do not see their information on the state site. Virginia Department of Health officials continue to work to resolve the issue.
- The statewide system has received more than 518,000 pre-registrations since its launch on February 15. Including individuals who pre-registered through local health districts in the past, the new system now includes nearly 1.7 million residents and essential workers.
- Loudoun County residents who need assistance in pre-registering for vaccine may call the county’s COVID-19 information line, 703-737-8300, which operates seven days a week, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. More information on vaccinations in Loudoun County is at loudoun.gov/covid19vaccine
- COVID-19 Testing Events March 2 and 4: Loudoun County's next COVID-19 testing events are scheduled for Tuesday, March 2 and Thursday, March 4, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at Franklin Park 17501 Franklin Park Drive, Purcellville. More information, including links to registration forms you can fill out in advance, may be found at loudoun.gov/covid19testing.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19