Posted on February 24, 2021 at 4:23 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Last report 2/23/[email protected]:06 p.m.
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 22,816 (up 55 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 7.7% (down 0.4% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 842 (up 7 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 207 (up 2 since last report)
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 58,576 (up 1,005 since last report) I Virginia: 1,667,353 (up 34,653 since last report)
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria, and Other Key Measures
- Governor Eases Some COVID-19 Restrictions: Virginia Governor Ralph Northam announced Wednesday that some public health restrictions will be eased beginning March 1, 2021. They include:
- Increasing the number of people allowed at outdoor gatherings from 10 to 25
- Allowing up to 1,000 people or 30 percent capacity (whichever is lower) for outdoor entertainment and public amusement venues
- Expanding the sale of alcohol until midnight, extended from 10:00 p.m.
- Allowing registration to begin for overnight summer camps, with strict mitigation measures in place
- Lifting of the statewide curfew
- Last week, the governor increased the number of spectators permitted at outdoor youth sporting events to 250.
- Tune in to Facebook at 6:00 p.m. for a Q-and-A with Dr. Goodfriend: Loudoun Health Director Dr. David Goodfriend is taking your questions about COVID-19 vaccine tonight, Wednesday, February 24, beginning at 6:00 p.m. on the Loudoun County Government page on Facebook. You don't have to have a Facebook account to watch the event. Questions can be submitted ahead of time.
- COVID-19 Testing Event February 25: Loudoun County's next COVID-19 testing event is tomorrow, Thursday, February 25, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at Dulles South Recreation & Community Center, 24950 Riding Center Drive, South Riding. This is one of several twice-weekly, free drive-thru testing events that the county is holding at various locations through March. The testing events are free and open to all. More information, including links to registration forms you can fill out in advance, may be found at loudoun.gov/covid19testing.
- PPP for Small Businesses: As of today, the U.S. Small Business Administration has established a 14-day, exclusive Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan application period for businesses and nonprofits with fewer than 20 employees. This will give lenders and community partners more time to work with the smallest businesses to submit their applications, while also ensuring that larger PPP-eligible businesses will still have plenty of time to apply for and receive support before the program expires on March 31, 2021. Read more about the program from the Loudoun Department of Economic Development.
- More Information:
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19