Posted on January 26, 2021 at 5:24 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 19,161 (up 313 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 13.4% (down 0.3% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 725 (up 2 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 171 (unchanged since last report)
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 21,590 | Virginia: 569,040
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria, and Other Key Measures
- Reminder: COVID-19 testing event tomorrow, January 27. Loudoun County will hold a free drive-thru COVID-19 testing event tomorrow, Wednesday, January 27, 2021, from 10:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. at Claude Moore Park, 46150 Loudoun Park Lane in Sterling.
- It is open to all. There are no age or residency requirements.
- No prescriptions or appointments are necessary.
- A person does not have to exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 in order to be tested.
- A PCR test (nasal swab) will be administered, which tests for the novel coronavirus. No antibody or rapid tests will be offered.
- More information, including links to registration forms, is online at loudoun.gov/COVID19testing.
- All health districts in Virginia are now in Phase 1b of vaccine eligibility. This means that about 50% of Virginia's population is now eligible for COVID-19 vaccination. This includes front-line essential workers, people aged 65 years and older, people with high-risk medical conditions and people living in correctional facilities, homeless shelters and migrant labor camps. However, there are not enough doses of vaccine available yet for everyone who is eligible to receive them. At the current supply rate, it will take months - at least until March or April - for Virginia to meet the demand for Phase 1b vaccinations. Loudoun County will schedule vaccination appointments with those who have registered with the Health Department, but it may be several weeks before those appointments are available. Stay up to date with the local vaccination effort by visiting loudoun.gov/COVID19vaccine.
- Loudoun installing more Wi-Fi hot spots to help western Loudoun residents during COVID-19 pandemic. The new outdoor Wi-Fi hot spot is at the Loudoun Valley Community Center and is accessible from the center’s parking lot at 320 W. School Street in Purcellville. The installation of the free hot spot was accomplished with funds from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act, and is intended to help residents who have no reliable internet service to access information about COVID-19 and complete any other type of essential online business, such as ordering groceries or other household supplies. Read details in this news release.
- Virtual Job Fair January 27. The Loudoun Workforce Resource is joining with its regional partners to sponsor a virtual job fair tomorrow, January 27. The event will feature a wide variety of local employers with full-time, part-time and flex-schedule job openings in Loudoun County and the region. Over 30 employers from various industries will be attending, including the Loudoun County Government. More information is online at loudoun.gov/januaryjobfair.
- More Information:
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19