Posted on January 20, 2021 at 4:58 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 17,389 (up 153 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 15.9% (up 0.1% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 699 (up 7 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 170 (unchanged since last report)
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 12,962 | Virginia: 360,051
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria, and Other Key Measures
- COVID-19 vaccination registration continues: Loudoun County health officials continue to ask those seeking vaccination against COVID-19 to be patient. Once more vaccine arrives, the county can schedule more appointments. If you are in either the Phase 1a (PDF) or Phase 1b (PDF) priority group and have not submitted your information to the Health Department, please complete the online pre-screening survey, which is the most efficient method for obtaining an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccination. If you have submitted the survey, there is no need to contact the Health Department. There has been no change in the vaccine supply situation in Loudoun since yesterday's report. In case you missed it, here is our latest update on the current vaccination efforts.
- Loudoun Health Director briefs Board of Supervisors: Loudoun County Health Director Dr. David Goodfriend provided an update to the Board of Supervisors Tuesday night about the ongoing vaccination efforts and the county's response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Watch the video discussion.
- Use your smartphone to tell CDC about any side effects after getting the COVID-19 vaccine. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have introduced V-safe, an after-vaccination health checker. V-safe is a smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins after you receive a COVID-19 vaccination. Through v-safe, you can quickly tell the CDC if you have any side effects after getting the COVID-19 vaccine. It will also remind you to get a second vaccine dose if you need one. Read more about the new tool from the CDC.
- New Virginia Dashboard Tracks COVID-19 Outbreaks in Higher Education: The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) has launched a new COVID-19 Outbreaks in Virginia Higher Education dashboard. This dashboard includes confirmed outbreaks reported to VDH among public and private colleges and universities since August 1, 2020. This dashboard helps to provide awareness of the spread of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, in colleges and universities statewide.
- Virtual Job Fair January 27: The Loudoun Workforce Resource is joining with its regional partners to sponsor a virtual job fair one week from today, Wednesday, January 27, 2021. The event will feature a wide variety of local employers with full-time, part-time and flex-schedule job openings in Loudoun County and the region. Over 30 employers from various industries will be attending, including the Loudoun County Government. Find more information, including a link to register at loudoun.gov/januaryjobfair.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
Loudoun County Public Schools
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #